Transfering PS1/PS2 games saves to PC

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

casualsax3
Veteran

Transfering PS1/PS2 games saves to PC

Post by casualsax3 »

Does anyone know if this will work with a PC? If not, any suggestions? I don't really want to go through the hassle and expense of a dex drive, plus it only does PS1.
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

I will try to transfer those files from my memory cards to the PC on Tuesday when I buy my PS3 memory card adapter. It usually used to transfer the files from the PS2/PS memory cards to the PS3 but I'll see if the PC recognize the files somehow.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I'm betting you'll need some sort of 3rd-party driver.
I'm betting such a thing exists.

I don't know either of these for a fact.
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

I've done this with a PS2 before for Madden/NCAA football rosters. All you really need is Action Replay Max or Codebreaker and a USB drive.
David Dunham - "Efficiency is intelligent laziness"
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:I'm betting you'll need some sort of 3rd-party driver.
That is definitely the case; it shows up as "Unknown device" in Windows.
Gil_Hamilton wrote:I'm betting such a thing exists.
Some quick googling revealed that by standing on your head and spinning three times, you can read PS1 memory cards with it. PS2 cards remain inaccessible.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

I have a similar question: I stumbled upon CodeBreaker v9.2 has read that it has the ability to transfer/backup PS2 saves to/from the PS2 memory card using a USB flash drive. However, none of my flash drives are recognized by CB.

I did some more searching in Google and found out that apparently Sony had done something while doing the PSTwo revisions that the flash drives are no longer detected. Now I found a lot of contradicting and outright complex info, so what I'm asking is, is it possible to use a flash drive with a V18 PSTwo?
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

Yes, you just have to find one that works., :(

I think the codebreaker forums at www.cmgsccc.com has a list.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

I've taken a look at that forum, and that particular topic. Not even my Kingston drive worked with it, but I guess I'm simply using the wrong brand. Plus, that list is ridiculously old.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
Sferics
Regular

Post by Sferics »

Agozer wrote:I have a similar question: I stumbled upon CodeBreaker v9.2 has read that it has the ability to transfer/backup PS2 saves to/from the PS2 memory card using a USB flash drive. However, none of my flash drives are recognized by CB.

I did some more searching in Google and found out that apparently Sony had done something while doing the PSTwo revisions that the flash drives are no longer detected. Now I found a lot of contradicting and outright complex info, so what I'm asking is, is it possible to use a flash drive with a V18 PSTwo?
I know in some of the later revisions of the PS2, Codebreaker was broken (had to say it :lol: ). Remarkably, Action Replay Max still works with the new ones. You just have to be careful; ARM has a certain bug in it that can erase your memory card when trying to do a specific action. I forget what that action was... something like using ARM to transfer saves between memory cards. Regardless, if you just stick to Memory Card > USB, you should be fine.
David Dunham - "Efficiency is intelligent laziness"
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

I'm gonna go Google that and see if I can turn up what does it exactly.

Edit: Couldn't find shit. :(