SPC player from bsnes

Anything else related to bsnes goes there.
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

SmartOne wrote:You sure about that? I use the plugin in XMPlay. Something's probably goofy.
Hmm.. Ok.. I'll have to play around with it some more then and figure out what my issue is. What version of XMPlay are you using?
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
SmartOne
Tool

Post by SmartOne »

XMPlay version 3.4.2.1 using xmp-rar.dll to play the RSN files.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Okay, now that I have a decent server (planning of getting a domain name soon)....

http://mudlord.homebrewheaven.net/downl ... pc_bin.zip
This plugin does not work in XMPlay. "This plugin is unsupported by XMPlay because it uses it's own output." I don't have any problem with SNESAmp.
It does work in XMPlay. I tested this plugin under XMPlay when I was writing it. What output settings are you using, and what version? I am using the latest beta version.
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

Would there be a reason to bother using in_spc and in_mgme together since in_mgme uses blargg code anyway?
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Would there be a reason to bother using in_spc and in_mgme together since in_mgme uses blargg code anyway?
I mainly did it to help with listening tests. I wanted something super simple to do this, so in_spc was made.

Though, if people really care, I could update the GME based plugin to use blargg's more accurate SNES DSP code.
VideoGameScrapBook

Post by VideoGameScrapBook »

mudlord wrote:Though, if people really care, I could update the GME based plugin to use blargg's more accurate SNES DSP code.
I would be very thankful for such a thing, since it would make accurately ripping spc files to wav files much easier.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Here is the source code to the plugin, if people want to mess around with it, fix it, or add the accurate core. I no longer am interested in developing for the "scene", so theres the code. Plus it should shut people up about me not giving out source. :roll:

PS: The code is messy. Like the sample buffer code. Be warned.
byuu

Post by byuu »

We use "the scene" to refer to the emulation community as well?

I mean, I know it's a general colloquialism for any community, but I've only heard it applied to ROM hacking around these parts. Meh.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

The emu scene, the romhacking scene, the SNES romhacking scene, the SMW(SNES) romhacking scene...

Many sub-scenes in any given main scene.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

I meant the emuscene, to clarify things :P
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

So are you developing for the man?
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

I now develop what I feel like (thats when I develop it). I don't develop for the emuscene anymore (as in, contribute to any emu project). Its proven that there is too much either

* ROM kiddies (eg. The ones that get all shitty about if thier game doesnt work that they downloaded)
* Asshats that think thier methods of emulation pwns all, and that they have the right to badmouth others.
* ROMhacking idiots that get all pedantic over the semantics of translation
* People that don't think optimization matters and that they can bloat thier shit just because they can.
* Poke/FF/Digifags who all they complain about is if thier generic pieces of crap work in one emulator
* Developers that don't have a clue (eg Forgotten. The way he originally did VBA is absolutely horrific. To fix VBA for good would mean redoing the entire emulator).
byuu

Post by byuu »

* Developers that don't have a clue (eg Forgotten. The way he originally did VBA is absolutely horrific. To fix VBA for good would mean redoing the entire emulator).
I think that's true at least for a lot of us, myself included. Truth is that it's really not that hard to write an emulator; it just takes patience. I wrote one before I even knew what a reference was. But it's a great way to learn. I at least fixed up most of it by rewriting the thing from scratch a few times, but yeah. There's still some awful cruft in there.

But writing beautiful code? That takes a whole hell of a lot more talent. Lucky for me, I'm surrounded by some of the best here.

Me, I just hate the people who feel they're entitled to things and expect people to do things their way. More than one side to every coin. Well, and the "Kaeru, not Frog!" people; yeah. Learn Japanese if you care that much.

Well, even if we do disagree a lot, I liked having a different perspective around. Sorry to see you go, best of luck with your future endeavors.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Well, and the "Kaeru, not Frog!" people; yeah. Learn Japanese if you care that much.
Exactly my sentiments. However, there is too much fucktards around, that get all pissy over translations. Thats what really pisses me off. Like the whole TOP SNES translation idiocy. As well as the current BOF2 retranslation stuff. I think: If you don't like it, piss off and make your own.

Plus, many other forms of idiocy made me quit VBA-M and other things. Seriously, seeing all the bullshit every single day makes you want to strangle people and takes ALL the fun out of things.
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

Well, even if we do disagree a lot, I liked having a different perspective around. Sorry to see you go, best of luck with your future endeavors.
Yeah, its also nice seeing things from a different angle.

And best of luck to you too. Looks like BSNES really has been a hit these last couple of years... :P
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

mudlord wrote:
Well, and the "Kaeru, not Frog!" people; yeah. Learn Japanese if you care that much.
Exactly my sentiments. However, there is too much fucktards around, that get all pissy over translations. Thats what really pisses me off. Like the whole TOP SNES translation idiocy. As well as the current BOF2 retranslation stuff. I think: If you don't like it, piss off and make your own.

Plus, many other forms of idiocy made me quit VBA-M and other things. Seriously, seeing all the bullshit every single day makes you want to strangle people and takes ALL the fun out of things.
SHHH, be quiet! You'll summon Unforgiven!
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

Hi,

Well I've been a bit busy and being unable to follow the "scene" but mudlord quitting is a bit of a surprise :( . Best of luck from me as well, friend.

stay safe,

AamirM
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Uh guys, I thought mudlord quit the scene almost a week ago.. :?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

adventure_of_link wrote:Uh guys, I thought mudlord quit the scene almost a week ago.. :?
Yeah, but he didn't really announce it here until a few days after that.
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

Congratulations, you defined the general public spot on!
Arminius

Convert?

Post by Arminius »

So I got this page on google and considering the topic was in discussion back then, I need to convert a SFC file into a WAV/MIDI or other more flexible format. Not sure if MIDI is possible, but WAV/MP3 is good enough. Is there any program you people know that can do that?
[i][b]I am the third strongest mole in this cave.[/b][/i]
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Enable the "log audio data" option in the "misc" menu of bsnes?

(there's also a LAME output plugin for Winamp that can create MP3s)
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Verdauga Greeneyes
Regular

Post by Verdauga Greeneyes »

And if you really want MIDI, there are tools for that on Zophar's domain
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

But they suck.

Some people already converted SPCs to MOD with varied degrees of professionalism, if you're desperate.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Skeud

Post by Skeud »

Sorry to rise an old thread, but I've found a "bug" with game_music_emu plugin (which oddly is not in in_spc_bin).
It's with the 3rd track of Earthworm Jim What the heck ?
I though the plugin didn't use the last blaarg code, so I recompiled it, but in fact, it was using it.
The bug is also in the player "Fox Audio Player", but not in "Audio Overload" (both using blaarg's emulator).
And I don't have this bug with snesamp.
Just start listnening around 33 sec, and you'll notice that something is missing...