Problem accessing menu after playing awhile

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ppd

Problem accessing menu after playing awhile

Post by ppd »

I have been using ZSNES to play Final Fantasy III. I have noticed after playing for a long time, I can no longer access the menu (ESC has no effect). I can close the window, but the music and process continue. When I close the process in task manager, then all of the saves I made during the gameplay session are lost (I save using in-game saving method). I am using Windows 7 and version 1.51.

I think a solution is just to check my menu access each time I save to see if I lost access. That should limit the amount of lost data because discovering I can no longer access the menu would allow me to revert to the previous save immediately, so only losing a few minutes between saves (generally). However, I appreciate any helpful insights.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: Problem accessing menu after playing awhile

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Enabling "SRAM CHECK+SAVE" should help with the lost saves, as it basically forces Z.NES to write saves to disk as they happen.

I have no solution for the ACTUAL problem of the emulator becoming completely inoperable.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
ppd

Re: Problem accessing menu after playing awhile

Post by ppd »

Thanks for the tip!