All buttons (a,b,x,y) are stuck on turbo

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Gremily2

All buttons (a,b,x,y) are stuck on turbo

Post by Gremily2 »

I bought an iBuffalo usb snes controller and I've set all the buttons. Everything has bounded fine except y, x, a and b are all stuck on turbo. I tested it out on DKC3 and it's extremely annoying as I can't run or hold barrels. I've cleared the 'turbo' versions of all the buttons but it's still doing it.

Help?
Gonzo
Regular

Re: All buttons (a,b,x,y) are stuck on turbo

Post by Gonzo »

Ok, I've never used that controller before, I've just looked at picture of it, so usually I wouldn't answer these kinds of questions but since the board is kinda dead I'll give you my two cents until someone with a better idea comes along.

Based on what you have said, it sounds to me like the problem isn't with zsnes but rather with the controller. I quickly did a google search on that controller and the pictures I saw showed that it has a 'Turbo' and 'Clear' button.

I haven't seen that setup in years.

Most turbo controllers I've gotten over the last ten or fifteen years just have a 'Turbo' switch that you flick on or off to either make the buttons switch from normal to rapid fire.

Now if memory serves me correctly, and mind you the last time I used a controller with that setup was when I was a kid, in order to make the buttons rapid fire, you have to hold down the 'Turbo' button and then hold down the button you want to make rapid fire.

Once you've done that, that button will remain in a rapid fire state until you hold down the 'Clear' button and press the button again, at which point the button will act normally again.

So anyway the point is, I'm wondering if maybe zsnes is treating that controller as if all of the buttons are turbo by default, and you have to clear them to make them behave normally?

Have you tried loading zsnes, loading a game, then holding down the clear button and pressing all of the buttons that you don't want to have rapid fire?
Gremily2

Re: All buttons (a,b,x,y) are stuck on turbo

Post by Gremily2 »

You are a genius! It works perfectly now. Thank you. I never would have worked that out.