flaming

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

h4tred wrote:
oh wai---
Good you got the racism reference. You're learning.
Well I happen to be part German so..
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

I see.
which is much harder when the code is optimized for the target hardware.
So? It makes it a challenge. There is no point in doing things the easy way you know.

Unless you like leaving things last. :roll:
megamanzer0
Regular

Post by megamanzer0 »

... this seems to be a battle of ideals more than anything else.
class:Trolololo
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

h4tred wrote:Good, now why don't you go back in that terrorist hole were you belong. Yes, you know what I am talking about.....
Code Clarity RULEZ

OPTIMIZATION SUX

And if I were a terrorist, I need not terrorize you, seems bsnes has already done that. Would be a waste of bombs as well.

But still, I would say:

adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

what if h4tred happened to be Aerdan in disguise
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

Code Clarity RULEZ

OPTIMIZATION SUX
Thats ironic, since you do optimize while aiming for accuracy too.

But oh well, if you want to go the BSNES route, fuck you too. :evil:
I need not terrorize you, seems bsnes has already done that. Would be a waste of bombs as well.
Yes, the people in the neck of your woods might ran out of bombs too if they tried to terrorise me. But it already seems the fucking Yanks already did that. With thier nuclear bomb known as BSNES.

Seriously, peace can't have a chance. Byuu has now turned evil and you have too.

Fuck you too.
Bye.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

That would be a odd predicament indeed......
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

h4tred wrote:
That would be a odd predicament indeed......
Well given that you two seem to have the whole EVERYONE MUST USE MY CONFIGS OR YOU ARE DUMB (in this case evil) mentality..
NSRT here.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

Okay, fair enough.

I would like to see empirical evidence as such.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

Wow.....you certainly did your homework, thats for sure.

Aerdan and I certainly seem alike in many ways, however Nach knows personally I am not really a Linux person, so......
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

But oh well, if you want to go the BSNES route, fuck you too. Evil or Very Mad
You want something optimized and accurate, huh? why don't you go and help the sneese emulator. Its accurate and written in optimized x86 asm/C.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

h4tred wrote:Wow.....you certainly did your homework, thats for sure.

Aerdan and I certainly seem alike in many ways, however Nach knows personally I am not really a Linux person, so......
so what, you're a OSX or windows person? (please don't say the former.)

ALSO

From here on I'm gonna start a rally, it'd be better if you all joined in as well.

CODE CLARITY FIRST, OPTIMIZE LATER = AWESOME

come on people say it with me
NSRT here.
whicker
Trooper

Post by whicker »

Impartial Opinionated Response:

I can't understand byuu's code because although I can find where it starts, I can't understand where the execution path end up. (n00b lern setjmp() stfu rtfm doesn't help).

Running bsnes's code through a code analyzer leads to tons of dead ends and islands.

There isn't enough explanation of cothreads for me to even begin to understand how program execution jumps around.

Seriously, I am completely lost when I try to understand.

The individual sections are nicely written, however.
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

AamirM wrote:
h4tred wrote:Good, now why don't you go back in that terrorist hole were you belong. Yes, you know what I am talking about.....
Code Clarity RULEZ

OPTIMIZATION SUX

And if I were a terrorist, I need not terrorize you, seems bsnes has already done that. Would be a waste of bombs as well.

But still, I would say:

AamirM wrote:

But oh well, if you want to go the BSNES route, fuck you too. Evil or Very Mad

You want something optimized and accurate, huh? why don't you go and help the sneese emulator. Its accurate and written in optimized x86 asm/C.
OMFG, two posts, yes, two posts from AamirM that haven't started with "Hi," and ended with "stay safe, AamirM". Holy god damn mother fucking shit, divided by zero.

Btw guys, I think at this point that, in regards to h4tred, all we can do is laugh.
@h4tred: read my signature, and go fuck yourself.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Hi,

Why the fuck are people talking about me

Stay safe,

RAAAGE
adventure_of_link wrote:grinvader you should've banned this nick too when you had the chance
It seems you're missing some clues.

Anyway... It's been mostly fruitless up to now, but I'm interested in seeing where the situation will eventually lead. ^^
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

fine, go about decent code your own way.

@h4tred: read my signature, and go fuck yourself.
Dividing by zero sounds more nice.... :)
so what, you're a OSX or windows person? (please don't say the former.)
guess.
Snark
Trooper

Post by Snark »

h4tred wrote:
not to mention Byuu and myself are personally getting tired of your trolling
Sorry, I can't quit.
Why? Do you suffer from some illness -possibly a chromosomal disorder, that makes you utter these things?
But it already seems the fucking Yanks already did that. With thier nuclear bomb known as BSNES.
Hahahah W-T-F... you DO realize you're obsessing over a freaking 'emulator', don't you? You're one deranged fucktard

So either you're the biggest and saddest piece of troll work this board have ever seen, or you're really some kind of.. gay obsessional stalker or whatever :/ In any case you're one sad individual. foad dude
Wrong again.

As I said, optimized code does also "achieve the results". The point is how the code is written: Ongoing research requires that parts of it must be changed and/or rewritten, which is much harder when the code is optimized for the target hardware....
Nice effort...But I'm afraid mudlord's mental capacities don't go much farther than 'youtube level'...
I want to fry~~ Sky Hiiiiiiiiigh~
Let's go-o-o-O~ togeda~
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

h4tred wrote:
fine, go about decent code your own way.
Again, I don't really know shit about programming (let alone why I'm even in this thread, maybe it's to get people like you to fuck off?) but code clarity DOES make sense, even to me.

also I was starting a rally against you.
NSRT here.
byuu

Post by byuu »

whicker wrote:I can't understand byuu's code because although I can find where it starts, I can't understand where the execution path end up. (n00b lern setjmp() stfu rtfm doesn't help).
Yeah, it can be a bit tricky. I really do need some documentation to give a high-level overview.

You'll want to look at src/snes/scheduler. The enter and exit functions there control switching into the emulator and back out for the GUI. The PPU is enslaved to the CPU, so the CPU calls the scanline renderer internally. Other than that, the emulator keeps clock counters to tell how far ahead one chip is from the other. One variable per, eg -1 or lower means SMP is ahead, 0 or higher means CPU is treated as ahead. The CPU adds to the counter, SMP subtracts from it. Whenever the CPU or SMP writes to the shared I/O ports, the emulator will switch threads if the current one is ahead of the other. It also forces this switching every ~25k cycles to prevent stalling out either chip and draining our DSP sample buffer.

The SMP and DSP share a full 64k memory (eg all memory writes need to sync), so that's currently implemented in the scheduler by using only one cothread for both, and using a switch table in DSP. I can get away with this because the DSP is only ~30kb or so of very complicated code, so I can put the entire core inside a single function.

I'm hoping that the PPU can be implemented in a similar fashion once it is fully understood, but I'm not too hopeful. The fact that there's two PPU chips will make things even more fun.
whicker wrote:Running bsnes's code through a code analyzer leads to tons of dead ends and islands.
Well, I never said my code was crystal clear -- just that it's one of my goals. This is an area where an outside set of eyes would be a huge help. It's hard for me to tell which sections need more comments, as it's all quite clear to me for obvious reasons.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

Hahahah W-T-F... you DO realize you're obsessing over a freaking 'emulator', don't you?
Yes, I do.
Why? Do you suffer from some illness -possibly a chromosomal disorder, that makes you utter these things?
Yes.
So either you're the biggest and saddest piece of troll work this board have ever seen
Yes I am a troll. Why the fuck do you care anyway? Is it any of your concern as to why?
Nice effort...But I'm afraid mudlord's mental capacities don't go much farther than 'youtube level'...
Correct. 4chan is way too complex for mudlord's poor mind, so youtube is the LCD.
also I was starting a rally against you.
but i have stopped and started flaming and trolling about something else. :roll:
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

I read a few posts so I now have authority to PASS JUDGEMENT

h4tred is a lizard ashekenazi european illuminati and the islamic illuminati are coming to get him

in b4 hashemsfilms
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

oh yes you dumbfuck.

no go wank to bsnes thnx.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

h4tred wrote:but i have stopped and started flaming and trolling about something else. :roll:
sounds a lot like to me you're still trolling on about BSNES there buddy
NSRT here.
Snark
Trooper

Post by Snark »

no go wank to bsnes

Nice projection. With your (admitted) insane obsession you've reached with bsnes, I think you're the only one who could possibly even begin to entertain such thoughts about a bloody 'program'. Wouldn't surprise me if you really do, given your condition.
Now go foad turdball kthkbye.
Last edited by Snark on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
I want to fry~~ Sky Hiiiiiiiiigh~
Let's go-o-o-O~ togeda~