Can't get netplay to work, very frustrating

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

StreetProdigy

Can't get netplay to work, very frustrating

Post by StreetProdigy »

Ok, so I have forwarded my ports, am using Zbattle and so did/is my friend. When we try to play a game when I am hosting it says found client and his screen still says connecting to server. When he hosts it still says searching for client and mine says connecting to server. My question is, why do our screens say different things when we switch hosting and most importantly how can we get this to work because I really wanna play some mario and battletoads. Also we tried disabling our firewalls and are both using vista if that matters.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Make sure your friend also forwards his ports.

Do you have a hardware firewall? such as router?
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
StreetProdigy

Post by StreetProdigy »

Joe Camacho wrote:Make sure your friend also forwards his ports.

Do you have a hardware firewall? such as router?
My friend did forward his ports, and I have a router in my house aswell as a gateway. But I figured if the ports were forwarded then the firewall on my router wouldnt matter.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

StreetProdigy wrote:I have a router in my house aswell as a gateway.
Please clarify. A "gateway" is usually a router+cable/dsl modem in a single device. Do you have one of those AND a second router?
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
StreetProdigy

Post by StreetProdigy »

I think its an access point, actually its a router configured to be an access point. Either way I think the problem is on his end because like I said my screen would say found client as his would still search for a client when we switch hosting. But I am willing to try anything that you think would work because I really want to play some battletoads.