Not Responding to keyboard

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

RPGuru23

Not Responding to keyboard

Post by RPGuru23 »

I downloaded zsnes1.51 and I have been through the setup to map the keys to the ones I want. I've used zsnes in the past and went through everything like normal. When I am running a game it doesn't respond to any of the keys I have mapped to my keyboard. The only thing it will do are system keys like esc, pause, and the number row that controls some of the graphics. I have mapped different keys and even used defaults but none of the games will even pick up me pressing start (return) so I can even start the games.

The only thing I can think of is I am now trying to play zsnes on a laptop. I have it installed on my desktop and both computers are running Vista SP1. That's the only difference between the two machines. I have played around with it and searched for about an hour and have come up with no solutions. Any suggestions other than buying a controller?
Knossus

Post by Knossus »

Hmm so you can't use the keyboard with ZSNES on both the desktop and the laptop? Where did you download ZSNES? If you didn't download it from the official website, you should try doing so.

You shouldn't need to buy a controller, the keyboard should work just fine. Alternatively, if you own a XBOX, you can hook it up to the PC and use with ZSNES.
RPGuru23

Post by RPGuru23 »

Unfortunately I figured out the ROM I was using was faulty and not picking up the key strokes.

Thanks for the controller info. I'll look into that.