Netplay trouble

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Shadowfish

Netplay trouble

Post by Shadowfish »

Me and my friend both have the same game, in similar directories and with the same filename . I can host, and he joins me as a client, when he get's into the talk screen with me, we can talk and change what players we are going to be etc. When we try to run a game, it crashes on both sides [No error message or anything, the ZSNES just opens up a menu and freezes]. Any idea what went wrong?

We're both using Windows Vista, running it in Admin mode. I have DMZ and he has uPNP, we have both allowed it through our firewall, and we've tried with and without UDP. We're also using ZSNES 1.36
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

It does help to mention what game you are running and whether or not it runs normally for you.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Shadowfish

Post by Shadowfish »

Deathlike2 wrote:It does help to mention what game you are running and whether or not it runs normally for you.
We're both running Secret of Mana, and yes, it does run perfectly okay when played just normally.
Gospel
Hazed

Post by Gospel »

It's probably the old SRAM loading bug. ZSNES doesn't really freeze up, it'll just take an unusally long time to load the game.

1.337 doesn't have the problem though. Not sure if the newer builds that supported netplay fixed the problem either.