The new AMD driver (Catalyst 10.12) is finally out and includes a preview of the brand new Catalyst Control Center 2.
The drivers are very good, but CCC2 is something that you might not want on install on your PC - it's loaded with bugs
The bad and the ugly:
* No new features, now it takes a lot more clicks to do the same thing (esp. in Basic Mode)
* CCC2 adds even more bloat:
- Uses more memory and the startup is even slower
- Adds two new (buggy) 'AMD Fusion for Desktops' services: 'AMD FUEL Service' and 'AMD Reservation Manager'
These services can compromise the security and stability of your AMD-based PC.
The first thing you'll notice after installing CCC2 is that it will disable the Windows 7 security services (Firewall Service, UAC, etc.) leaving your system vulnerable to attacks. There's no way to disable this 'aggressive optimization' done by the Fusion services.
* Still using .NET, doesn't work under Windows XP
The good stuff:
* The window is (finally!) resizable, but the horrible non-resizable 'inline frames' from the old CCC are still there
* It looks good, but still not as good as that prototype screenshot
After uninstalling CCC2, the services are removed and everything is back to normal: The firewall works again, the system is stable and feels snappier.