What can I do to help with Loongson support?

Archived bsnes development news, feature requests and bug reports. Forum is now located at http://board.byuu.org/
ZH/Franky

Post by ZH/Franky »

kick wrote:ZH = Chinese
sobodash wrote:ZHongwen.
I didn't know that (I don't even know much about chinese culture or language, so...). But yeah, my nickname ZH stands for "zero hero".
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

Apt.
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

funkyass wrote:
adventure_of_link wrote:
kick wrote:Franky is a weeaboo
Fixed, also explains a lot..
you have no clue what a weeaboo is do you?
I've heard the term tossed around before but never really understood why that term was coined :?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Then don't use it. ¬_¬
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
byuu

Post by byuu »

adventure_of_link wrote:I've heard the term tossed around before but never really understood why that term was coined :?
I don't care what the official origin is, Perry Bible is all that matters:
http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF071-Weeaboo.gif
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weeaboo

#2 is the most common

sorry for the derail.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

D-- wrote:At the moment you would need to contact Lemote. You might also look into the Beijing Linux Users Group. The vice president Pockey Lam and some of the other members work for the company producing the Gdium, which is more targeted toward foreign users (Lemote offers NO English support). Your current options are:

In Production:
Yeeloong 8089a (2G SSD, 512M RAM, SM712 video, 2 USB ports)
Yeeloong 8089b (160G HD, 1G RAM, SM712 video, 3 USB ports, webcam that doesn't work)

Pre-Production:
Gdium (16G "G-Key" [USB flash on which the OS is stored, slides seamlessly into a socket under the touchpad], 512M RAM, SM502 video)

There is also the E-benton, though I'm told they royally fucked Lemote and never paid them for all the technology they borrowed. Chances are you won't see many more of their computers.

For a full desktop system instead of a netbook, there is the Fulong 2F box. It comes with an 80G hard disk and 512M RAM. Too many ports to list. Built to be the same size as a CD-ROM USB enclosure, requires a keyboard, mouse and monitor.

These all cost between $210 and $500. Mine (the 8089a) was $300.
Hey, that sounds nice, the desktop system or the netbook! Nice price :D
Even I could afford it and it would be a fun experience.
adventure_of_link wrote:
funkyass wrote:
adventure_of_link wrote:
kick wrote:Franky is a weeaboo
Fixed, also explains a lot..
you have no clue what a weeaboo is do you?
I've heard the term tossed around before but never really understood why that term was coined :?
The Perry Bible Fellowship.

EDIT: lol everyone had the same thought :[
D--
Rookie

Post by D-- »

The Fulong 2F is cheaper than the Yeeloong 8089A. Actually. I checked earlier and it is about 1,800 yuan, some $260.

However, unless you speak Chinese, you really should consider going with a Gdium. Lemote's products are kind of difficult for English speakers to access since their English forum has little traffic, all the manuals are in Chinese (kind of important for the BIOS!) and, frankly speaking, the only people able to field questions about the hardware in English are myself and whenever the Lemote president posts to the Debian-MIPS mailing list.

That's kind of why everyone was so quick to embrace my disk image for Debian on the Yeeloong. It was the first kernel optimized for the 8089A, the only one to support the power manager and Wifi, and the only distribution able to fit on the 2G SSD with 800+MB left over. It's now being seeded by a ton of Yeeloong owners in Europe.

So in other words, I ended up an expert by default :(

Edit: In case anyone wants it, here's a snes9x-gtk for Debian lenny on the Loongson. http://www.cinnamonpirate.com/pub/misc/ ... mipsel.deb

byuu helped track down a problem with BearOso's Xvideo driver and the SiliconMotion xorg driver. We did a quick hack to flip the colors so it works, though it will likely appear wrong on all non-SM video cards. That's ok, since at the moment, the Gdium is using an SM512 and the Yeeloong is using an SM712, so only Fulong users get the shaft. It should work fine until BearOso adds a proper fix instead of this hack :) Everything was profiled except hq2q (which has something really wrong with it, since it needs over 1GB of RAM to compile with profiling flags ...)

I'll package bsnes whenever a new version comes out, but as said earlier, it's mightly slow.
Verdauga Greeneyes
Regular

Post by Verdauga Greeneyes »

D-- wrote:except hq2q (which has something really wrong with it, since it needs over 1GB of RAM to compile with profiling flags ...)
I don't suppose the reason MSVC profiling of bsnes is broken is due to HQ2x then? :P (Although I think bsnes uses an optimised version, dunno if Snes9x uses the same)
D--
Rookie

Post by D-- »

Verdauga Greeneyes wrote: I don't suppose the reason MSVC profiling of bsnes is broken is due to HQ2x then? :P (Although I think bsnes uses an optimised version, dunno if Snes9x uses the same)
Not a chance, I profiled bsnes on here. byuu's hq2x filter was quite snappy to compile by comparison.
byuu

Post by byuu »

MSVC dies when creating the profiled code for scpu/core.cpp and ssmp/core.cpp. Right inside the switch(opcode) statements. Turning it into a function pointer table to reduce the size of the function doesn't help, either.
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

byuu wrote:MSVC dies when creating the profiled code for scpu/core.cpp and ssmp/core.cpp. Right inside the switch(opcode) statements. Turning it into a function pointer table to reduce the size of the function doesn't help, either.
I had this sort of problem once (MSVC didn't die but instead slowly ate up all the memory and I got a "Low Virtual Memeory" warning. Yeah it was using over 1gig). IIRC, I solved it by refactoring the code into separate files and reducing the source "file" size. Yeah, I know it sounds insane but hey it worked for me.
Mednafen
Rookie

Post by Mednafen »

It sounds like you'd need to use a 64-bit version of MSVC so it doesn't run out of address space and crash hard, then?