hahaha oh god, ps3 fanboys are the most pathetic of them all

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

sweener2001 wrote:valkyria chronicles is too niche to be a killer app, same with disgaea.
So far, the ps3 as a console is niche in itself, and it's bought because it has niche games.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

sweener2001 wrote:
Deathlike2 wrote:I'm not well versed in modern gaming, but reviewers these days try to sugarcoat stuff in order to keep getting the games.. instead of being objective.
i miss EGM.

but EGM from hsu's days as editor. ubi gave them the cold shoulder after a few poor reviews on their games, assassin's creed especially. i don't think they even got review copies, they needed to get retail boxes, leading to late reviews. they certainly never saw another ubi preview feature.

Lol, you know, back when we were young and Assasin's Creed came out :wink:

How people react to reviews are retarded. You read a review to expand your knowledge on the game but if you know you won't agree with what someone says than just ignore it instead of pissing all over the internet.

both systems are not that bad albeit starting out a little overpriced.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

grinvader wrote:
sweener2001 wrote:valkyria chronicles is too niche to be a killer app, same with disgaea.
So far, the ps3 as a console is niche in itself, and it's bought because it has niche games.
while it explains how those games do so well on the ps3, it doesn't change the killer app argument
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

sweener2001 wrote:
grinvader wrote:
while it explains how those games do so well on the ps3, it doesn't change the killer app argument
so what is a killer app again
megamanzer0
Regular

Post by megamanzer0 »

gllt wrote:
sweener2001 wrote:
grinvader wrote:
software that will move consoles haven't you been paying attention I swear you're gonna fail the final mang.
class:Trolololo
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

Panzer88 wrote: Lol, you know, back when we were young and Assasin's Creed came out :wink:

How people react to reviews are retarded. You read a review to expand your knowledge on the game but if you know you won't agree with what someone says than just ignore it instead of pissing all over the internet.

both systems are not that bad albeit starting out a little overpriced.
EGM under Hsu and Mielke were very different magazines.

reading the watchmen feature, they basically ask, "so how awesome is your game?" and the answer is, "so awesome."

that's the exact opposite of Hsu.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/1/20/
gllt

Post by gllt »

megamanzer0 wrote:
gllt wrote:
sweener2001 wrote:
grinvader wrote:
software that will move consoles haven't you been paying attention I swear you're gonna fail the final mang.
I don't understand how software moves consoles.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

gllt wrote:
megamanzer0 wrote:
gllt wrote:
sweener2001 wrote:
grinvader wrote:
I don't understand how software moves consoles.
You know how you stack games on top of your PS2, right? But sometimes it's not all the way on the shelf, and kinda hanging off? And when you go to pick a game up, it jostles the system and it falls?

Yeah, it's like that. It's harder for games to move the PS3 because it's got a round top, so they don't stack well.
gllt

Post by gllt »

My PS2 is fat and sits on its side without a stand next to my TV, choking on dust.

And PS3 is too hueg to move

you must dd it
Neo Kaiser
Veteran

Post by Neo Kaiser »

A example would be when FFVII came out and I was so hyped that a bought a PlayStation just to play it. That's how games moves hardware. BTW I played the demo of Killzone 2 and the game was intense and well made. The enemies AI was very good. They don't run into a grenade on purpose to commit suicide like the first game. 1 thing that I didn't like is that I think that you can only carry 1 weapon.
Last edited by Neo Kaiser on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes I know that my grammar sucks!
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Neo Kaiser wrote:A example would be when FFVII came out and I was so hyped that a bought a PlayStation just to play it. That's how games moves hardware.
And then you went out and bought a good game, right? And played it on your Studio 2?
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Neo Kaiser wrote:A example would be when FFVII came out and I was so hyped that a bought a PlayStation just to play it. That's how games moves hardware.
And then you went out and bought a good game, right? And played it on your Studio 2?
ZING!
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

sweener2001 wrote:
EGM under Hsu and Mielke were very different magazines.

reading the watchmen feature, they basically ask, "so how awesome is your game?" and the answer is, "so awesome."

that's the exact opposite of Hsu.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/1/20/
that wasn't my point, you just made it sound like it was back in '95 :)
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

they were amazing back then, as well. if they were around, i can't remember what year they started.
Francis64
Lurker

Post by Francis64 »

Squall_Leonhart
Trooper

Post by Squall_Leonhart »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:You're all idiots. The only truly good game system is the Studio 2.
I have to second this.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/squall_leonhart69r/Final_Fantasy_8/squall_sig1.gif[/img]
[url=http://vba-m.com/]VBA-M Forum[/url], [url=http://www.ngohq.com]NGOHQ[/url]