Take potshots at FitzRoy: Mark II

Discuss whatever insanity comes to mind. Please keep it friendly and clean though.

Moderator: General Mods

FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

gllt wrote:how do I ran in metroid
We're not talking about the bajillion ways people can be stuck in games. Just because someone can't find a dungeon key doesn't make explaining volume and brightness necessary. It's not documentation for things 1% of new users can't infer, it's documentation for something most new users can't infer.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

DISCLAIMER: I am going to be brutally honest in this post. No apologies will be made if this offends. Reading this disclaimer violates any rights you have to contest.

Again, I would like to wonder.......

"Why fix something that ain't broke"?

Thats exactly the case with this. I don't see the harm in keeping the SNES controller graphic. I for one love that in BSNES, makes things a lot easier to map out. Removing it is doing a disservice. Then again, one could argue this emulator is not for newbies and end user friendliness, like foobar2000 as a audio player.

Not to mention, again I like to add that byuu is calling the shots on BSNES: I never knew that people like Fitzroy is calling the shots. :? Its byuu's pride and joy, so why are other people taking control? :roll:
bsnes could detect the computer's time zone, and switch to purple if necessary.
Very, very good idea! I like this a lot.
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

h4tred wrote:Not to mention, again I like to add that byuu is calling the shots on BSNES: I never knew that people like Fitzroy is calling the shots. :? Its byuu's pride and joy, so why are other people taking control? :roll:
Um, I didn't tell him to take it out, he did that on his own. Really, it's my creation, I could technically tell him not to use it anymore. I refuse to spend six months making a consistently designed set for every controller or subject someone else to the attempt. It isn't needed for mapping, it increases the size of the executable, it can't be done to proportion, the buttons on the scope aren't even visible, one of the controllers was a fucking bicycle. Give up already on having subjective pictures of shit in the emulator.
wertigon
Rookie

Post by wertigon »

*wonders how hard it'd be to make a decent SVG graphic/other vector format and use that*
Jipcy
Veteran

Post by Jipcy »

FitzRoy wrote:Give up already on having subjective pictures of shit in the emulator.
Is this really necessary? Why such a negative tone (imo) all the time?

Why does anything having to do with bsnes have to be set in stone? It's still very much in development, obviously. I think it's going to be quite some time until the development slows to the point that the decisions that byuu makes are going to be what we're stuck with for years between releases. It's just not that big of a deal right now.

Personally, I would really like to have diagrams/pictures/images/something of the typically used controllers, just so I don't have to go hunting for pictures of the controller myself. Including them also aligns with byuu's goal of a self-documenting emulator, at least in my opinion.
[url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net]Official ZSNES Docs[/url] | [url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net/nsrt]NSRT Guide[/url] | [url=http://endoftransmission.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=394]Using a Wiimote w/ emulators[/url]
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Must I start a thread called take potshots at FitzRoy: Mark II? :P
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

Must I start a thread called take potshots at FitzRoy: Mark II?
Please do. Pollution of the bsnes forum ain't welcome.
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

Is this really necessary? Why such a negative tone (imo) all the time?
I'm just losing patience with the subject (and h4tred's sputum), this is a give up moment. What next, should we take our pitchforks to the Nestopia forums and get somebody to draw perfect replicas of the 30 some-odd gadgets for that system? What about other SNES emulators? This is an insatiable goal, I'm just trying to be realistic here. If somebody wants to make 3d models of these things and host them somewhere where the readme can link to, that's probably the better option.
h4tred

Post by h4tred »

I'm just losing patience with the subject (and h4tred's sputum)
If you have a issue with me, deal with it personally with me, don't start your bullshit on anyone else.
What next, should we take our pitchforks to the Nestopia forums and get somebody to draw perfect replicas of the 30 some-odd gadgets for that system?
Obviously. You's are chasing perfection, so why not do EVERYTHING fucking perfect, besides the emulation? Nestopia obviously has similar goals, so yes, go bug Marty about it </sarcasm>

Seriously, in ANYTHING you do, its ALL OR NOTHING. You either give it your best fucking shot, OR NONE AT ALL..

You want this emulator to be perfect? Start helping byuu properly for once! Learn to code! Get involved with the fucking UI design directly, instead of all this spouting of ideas for, go put your ideas into fucking reality yourself.

Oh wait.....why not make your own fucking emulator. Then we can tolerate how YOU want everything to be.

I have no further comments. PM me for responses. I will not listen to anything on this subforum anymore. I'm tired of arguing here, best arguing somewhere else where there is a lot less restrictions on what can be said.

Sorry for the derailment and rant, but it had to be said.
byuu

Post by byuu »

I'm just losing patience with the subject (and h4tred's sputum), this is a give up moment.
If you have a issue with me, deal with it personally with me, don't start your bullshit on anyone else.
Jipcy
Veteran

Post by Jipcy »

It really whips the llama's ass!
[url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net]Official ZSNES Docs[/url] | [url=http://zsnes-docs.sf.net/nsrt]NSRT Guide[/url] | [url=http://endoftransmission.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=394]Using a Wiimote w/ emulators[/url]
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

h4tred wrote:
Must I start a thread called take potshots at FitzRoy: Mark II?
Please do. Pollution of the bsnes forum ain't welcome.
Done and done good sir :D

have fun!
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

Jipcy wrote:It really whips the llama's ass!
:D you just made my day.

and is this all really necessary? Seriously most of this is not provoked.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

I'm sorry byuu.
I should keep my comments out of threads like that, I didn't mean to start another splinter thread.

edit; oh and my comment was only meant to figure up to "people are idiots" but if I should elaborate anymore, yes cluttering up a document with stuff 'everyone knows' is annoying. just as bad as not putting in that information for the idiots that don't. no one is worse than the other, so if writing the extensive documentation for the idiots is not a problem due to work and time and you're up to it, then write it and then write a clean version and include them both, the clean as README and the extensive as DOCUMENTATION, FAQ, and BEGIN HERE.

imho
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

gllt wrote:I'm sorry byuu.
I should keep my comments out of threads like that, I didn't mean to start another splinter thread.
Don't worry about it man, it's not your fault we have little dictators running around the boards. :roll:
NSRT here.
Joe Camacho
Devil's Advocate

Post by Joe Camacho »

This looks like something that should be solved in ZBATTLE NOT THE FORUMS.
*Sometimes I edit my posts just to correct mistakes.
ShadowFX
Regular

Post by ShadowFX »

I'm not very into the situation but from what I read about this issue is that there are different opinions on how the GUI should look like and or function.

Isn't the ultimate solution to separate the development of the emulation and the GUI? That, instead of how one person views it? I can imagine it's not easy, considering how bsnes is currently being developed and it'll need coordination, but I'm sure it's not impossible.
[i]"Change is inevitable; progress is optional"[/i]
neoblaze
8-bit Moderator

Post by neoblaze »

I don't believe it. Real internet drama! Dude, I thought it was 1998 for a second there.

I mean no offense, of course, I'm just being nostalgic.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

shit was so cash
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

This whole past few weeks reminds me of the classic Zsnes vs Snes9x "stolen code" episode (I wasn't there, but the back and forth drama is recorded on classic emulation sites).
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Snark
Trooper

Post by Snark »

badinsults wrote:This whole past few weeks reminds me of the classic Zsnes vs Snes9x "stolen code" episode (I wasn't there, but the back and forth drama is recorded on classic emulation sites).
Linky?
I want to fry~~ Sky Hiiiiiiiiigh~
Let's go-o-o-O~ togeda~
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

Snark wrote:
badinsults wrote:This whole past few weeks reminds me of the classic Zsnes vs Snes9x "stolen code" episode (I wasn't there, but the back and forth drama is recorded on classic emulation sites).
Linky?
Your google search is as good as mine.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Snark
Trooper

Post by Snark »

badinsults wrote:
Snark wrote:
Linky?
Your google search is as good as mine.
'parently not since all the searches I used didn't brought up any relevant results. :/ Ah well.
I want to fry~~ Sky Hiiiiiiiiigh~
Let's go-o-o-O~ togeda~
blargg
Regular

Post by blargg »

Am I following this right? bsnes has a picture of a controller in the configuration, and FitzRoy is suggesting that it be removed. The logic is that making pictures of all the non-standard controllers (gun, etc.) is impractical, thus it would be inconsistent to have only a picture of the standard one, thus there should be no pictures at all. And that the picture of the standard controller adds little value anyway. Oh, and that FitzRoy is able to directly manipulate byuu every action because he's asserting his view in messages he posts. Do I have all that correct?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

A-yup. Right on.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54