Wii port forwarding.

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

franpa
Gecko snack

Wii port forwarding.

Post by franpa »

TCP:
Allow traffic to all destinations on ports: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443

UDP:
Allow all traffic to all destinations. (Necessary for peer-to-peer connections and game play). Our Network Test tool can be used from a computer behind your firewall to test if outbound UDP is allowed.
Hi, what ports must be forwarded? and what is the Wii's default settings for wireless (such as IP etc.)?
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I'm surprised you're not bothering to read the quote you've posted.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

What is the defualt IP? I don't have the password to access the appropriate place and find out.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

oh god, so MANY franpa alerts need to be posted it's not funny..

next time, try playing with your wireless settings for the Wii. I've never had to forward any ports on my Wii.

if you want to know your IP on the Wii, the only two ways I'd know would be to:

1) check your router settings to see who is all connected
and 2) find it in the homebrew channel
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

1) it is my bro's Wii, if you can use voodoo and find the password then I would happily look for the default settings.

2) the Homebrew channel is not installed.

is it impossible to setup without the password or homebrew channel?
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

adventure_of_link wrote:oh god, so MANY franpa alerts need to be posted it's not funny..

next time, try playing with your wireless settings for the Wii. I've never had to forward any ports on my Wii.

if you want to know your IP on the Wii, the only two ways I'd know would be to:

1) check your router settings to see who is all connected
and 2) find it in the homebrew channel
when will the .gif version of this be made, in many styles including rotate, flip, fade
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

there is no need to use GIF for the franpa alerts. PNG is just fine. also why do they need to rotate? my only gripe is that _Demo_ still hasn't uploaded them to the zboard for use as emoticons :(

also Franpa, as I said before, try playing with the wireless settings in your Wii. if it can find your wireless network and use it, chances are it'll be able to use your network and use the Internet. I suggested the HBC because I thought you wanted to know the local IP of the Wii or something. :?

this is almost becoming like neo_bahamut. almost.
Last edited by adventure_of_link on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Heck, does the Wii even have wireless internet? or must you use that usb add-on? annoying if i need the usb add-on since there is none here and I don't believe thx xbox360 or ps3 needs one :/
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

franpa wrote:Heck, does the Wii even have wireless internet? or must you use that usb add-on? annoying if i need the usb add-on since there is none here and I don't believe thx xbox360 or ps3 needs one :/
YES, the Wii has built-in wireless Internet. NO, you don't need to use the USB add-on unless you don't have a wi-fi network near you.
NSRT here.
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

gllt wrote:when will the .gif version of this be made, in many styles including rotate, flip, fade
The power, it is in your hands.
I bring the trouble.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

franpa wrote:Heck, does the Wii even have wireless internet? or must you use that usb add-on? annoying if i need the usb add-on since there is none here and I don't believe thx xbox360 or ps3 needs one :/
The Wii ONLY has wireless ethernet out of the box. You have to buy an adapter for WIRED ethernet.

And the 360 has wired out of box. You have to buy an adapter for wireless.
Telling you this is probably a bad idea, since it will no doubt come up in your next PS3 RULEZ!11111 post.
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

franPS3
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Xbox360 > ps3. Why? because it has Banjo Kazooie :P

anyways, this was solved, I didnt need to port forward due to UPnP and the IP, DNS, Gateway settings are all configured. I guessed my bro's password correctly :P
creaothceann
Seen it all

Post by creaothceann »

franpa wrote:I guessed my bro's password correctly :P
Can't be very secure then...
vSNES | Delphi 10 BPLs
bsnes launcher with recent files list
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

creaothceann wrote:
Password: password

Oh noes!
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

creaothceann wrote:
Password: franparulez
I bring the trouble.
kode54
Zealot

Re: Wii port forwarding.

Post by kode54 »

franpa wrote:
TCP:
Allow traffic to all destinations on ports: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443

UDP:
Allow all traffic to all destinations. (Necessary for peer-to-peer connections and game play). Our Network Test tool can be used from a computer behind your firewall to test if outbound UDP is allowed.
Hi, what ports must be forwarded? and what is the Wii's default settings for wireless (such as IP etc.)?
I know you got it working already, but let me translate this in case you still don't get it. What that quote is referring to is outgoing connections. The Wii does not need any port forwarding, nor does it make use of UPnP.

On the other hand, the Xbox 360 does require port forwarding, and does utilize UPnP to automatically forward ports when it needs them.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

adventure_of_link wrote:oh god, so MANY franpa alerts need to be posted it's not funny..
How the fuck can he be offtopic in his own thread ?
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
alexz721
Regular

Post by alexz721 »

Because aol is fucking stupid and likes to jump the bandwagon so he doesn't seem like the biggest loser on this forum.

And somehow he's still a mod.
HOW ARE YOU MERRY GENTLEMEN
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

alexz721 wrote:Because aol is fucking stupid and likes to jump the bandwagon so he doesn't seem like the biggest loser on this forum.

And somehow he's still a mod.
You fail at life.
alexz721
Regular

Post by alexz721 »

Well in that case:

HOW ARE YOU MERRY GENTLEMEN
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

franpa wrote:Xbox360 > ps3. Why? because it has Banjo Kazooie :P
Ah, that vehicle racing game.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
franpa
Gecko snack

Re: Wii port forwarding.

Post by franpa »

kode54 wrote:
franpa wrote:
TCP:

UDP:
I know you got it working already, but let me translate this in case you still don't get it. What that quote is referring to is outgoing connections. The Wii does not need any port forwarding, nor does it make use of UPnP.

On the other hand, the Xbox 360 does require port forwarding, and does utilize UPnP to automatically forward ports when it needs them.
Ah yea, I was told that ages ago, just forgot about the fact that NAT only blocks incoming ports as it was something completely new for me to setup and I was kinda excited :O

AOL helped with the basics like wtf SSID was and Default Router... Default Router is the Gateway it seems...
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Also, I wasn't aware that it was possible to lock the Wii's settings with a password. I did remember that there's a way to enforce a maximum game age rating with a PIN code, but that's something different. Protecting WiFi settings from the kids, or thieves?

Oh, and PS3 doesn't seem to have any password protecting its many settings, so I guess this is sort of a plus?
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

snkcube wrote:
franpa wrote:Xbox360 > ps3. Why? because it has Banjo Kazooie :P
Ah, that vehicle racing game.
No, the original. It was re-released onto it.