ZSNES with tablet?

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Ambidextroid

ZSNES with tablet?

Post by Ambidextroid »

I have a pen tablet that I would like to use with ZSNES to use like the SNES mouse, for use with Mario Paint.
It doesn't work just by selecting the SNES mouse option though, because the tablet works differently than a normal mouse.
Instead of sensing direction and speed and that like a mouse would, the tablet maps each part of the tablet surface with a point on screen, so if I where to lift the pen and place it on a different part of the tablet, the cursor would jump to a different part of the screen, as opposed to when you lift the mouse up and place it somewhere else.

is it possible to make a tablet work with Mario Paint?
Thanks in advance.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Re: ZSNES with tablet?

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Not as such. There's no way to GIVE Mario Paint absolute co-ordinates.
If your tablet can work in mouse emulation mode, it can be used with Mario Paint. But there's no way to drive Mario Paint directly with tablet inputs.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
blackmyst
Zealot

Re: ZSNES with tablet?

Post by blackmyst »

Gil_Hamilton wrote:Not as such. There's no way to GIVE Mario Paint absolute co-ordinates.
If your tablet can work in mouse emulation mode, it can be used with Mario Paint. But there's no way to drive Mario Paint directly with tablet inputs.
It could be simulated. Make the SNES mouse cursor move x amount of pixels in one frame, based on where the pen was lifted and put down again. Would have to implement a re-calibration function since I don't think Mario Paint kept track of the current mouse position between screens.

Would take work to implement of course, but if Ambidextroid wanted it bad enough he could possibly code it himself.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]