Filling up a Hard Drive

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

How do you fill up your large hard drives?

I don't have a large hard drive, who needs so much room?
3%
Most of my hard drive is free space.
17%
I fill it up with illegal content (games, movies, music, etc...).
53%
I fill it up with content I make myself (digital video and the like).
8%
I legally own a ton of software and content and actually fill it up.
3%
Other, and I will explain below.
11%
I don't have that much space, but I wish I did.
6%

Total votes: 36

Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

...Crae to explain paranoid schizophrenia then?

Arguably, what delusions are is self-generated sensory activity in the brain that the brain forgets to mark as self-generated.
AamirM
Regen Developer
Regen Developer

Post by AamirM »

I have a VERY small hard drive (60 GB).

Most of it is filled with OS installations (XP, Fedora 7 and NetBSD). Quite a lot of it is also filled with dev tools (VS 2008 and VS.NET 2003, 4 installations of MingW) and SDKs (Windows, DDK, DirectX etc...).

I also do programming on FPGAs (Xilinx mainly) and PLCs (Siemens) and their development suites are very huge as well.

And yes, illegal stuff as well. Heck, I even downloaded GCC from a warez site once (don't ask why). Most of them are ebooks and ROMs.

Last but not least, my avatar says something :D .
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Metatron wrote:...Crae to explain paranoid schizophrenia then?
It comes from an interpretation of the <paranoid or schizophrenic>'s interaction with reality and with other people, which has a couple of similarities. Not enough to make paranoia a subset of schizophrenia.
Some similar aspects, but different. One does not lead to the other. One isn't an underlying base of the other.

Anyway, the american psychology society is a firm believer of that interpretation, causing students to be kinda forced to learn it. And american cop series to host case after case of schizoparano killer (serial or not).
Unsurprisingly, that interpretation isn't shared on this side of the water.

Note, actual borderline cases do exist, but they are rare.
Metatron wrote:Arguably, what delusions are is self-generated sensory activity in the brain that the brain forgets to mark as self-generated.
That fits a schizophrenia delusion, not a paranoid one.
For parano stuff, you need hard, real facts, interpreted in a delusive manner and applied to an oversized ego.
"You opened the door with your left hand tonight, it means you're hiding something from me. You must be scheming something against me." is a typical paranoid's delusion. Hence the 'smart' conspiracy stuff.

A schizophrenic delusion is... less plotted. "I'm not eating peas, because the scientists put microscopic cameras in every pea, to SPY MY INSIDES !!" (← real life case).
Also less threatening in a rational point of view.

Oh, and paranoids don't hear voices.
They are way too important to have anyone else in their head.
AamirM wrote:I have a VERY small hard drive (60 GB).
10 + 40

BOOYA

Edit: 500 GB ?

this
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54