New forum for bsnes

Archived bsnes development news, feature requests and bug reports. Forum is now located at http://board.byuu.org/
byuu

New forum for bsnes

Post by byuu »

At long last, I've set up my own forum:
http://board.byuu.org/

First and foremost, my sincerest thanks and gratitude to pagefault and the moderators here for hosting this forum and putting up with me for so long. Also, nobody asked me to leave here or anything like that.

I hate to ask others to register at yet another forum, but I've decided it'd be best to use my own forum so that I can better handle moderation without pushing drama on the staff here. They don't deserve that.

I also don't want to put up with any spam, so for now I require manual activation of new accounts, and manual moderated approval of new posts for unknown users.

If you want quicker access, PM me here with the username you signed up with. Otherwise expect a ~24 hour turn-around for new registrations.

As for the two forums here, I leave that up to the staffs' discretion. I certainly have no objections to removing them both at their convenience.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

There's a fair bit of data in this forum that hasn't been archived, correct? Perhaps a backup of the forum ala the original bsnes thread would be best.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

only one problem with that.. you'd have to backup THIS forum's contents, weed out the other forums and usergroups except for the bsnes boards, and then somehow make it to where byuu won't get locked out of his own board.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

byuu, I have registered on your forum. You mention how us telling what our username is will speed up the time it takes for our accounts to be activated; the account name I signed up with is "lordmister".
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

adventure_of_link wrote:only one problem with that.. you'd have to backup THIS forum's contents, weed out the other forums and usergroups except for the bsnes boards, and then somehow make it to where byuu won't get locked out of his own board.
Yeah. :( That is a big problem.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

I.S.T. wrote:
adventure_of_link wrote:only one problem with that.. you'd have to backup THIS forum's contents, weed out the other forums and usergroups except for the bsnes boards, and then somehow make it to where byuu won't get locked out of his own board.
Yeah. :( That is a big problem.
I do know that phpBB databases (if you get the *.sql file) it's a big text file.. Maybe we could get Nach to backup this forum, and do all the stuff I described? He managed to reset Dark Force's account when they blew away all the 0 post members way back when..
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

phpBB3!?

*Roars in rage*

So... slow... the pain...
Dullaron
Lurker

Post by Dullaron »

I don't mind sign up for another forum.
Window Vista Home Premium 32-bit / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz / 3.00 GB RAM / Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
byuu

Post by byuu »

Metatron wrote:phpBB3!?

*Roars in rage*

Oh? I figured everyone liked it but was just too lazy to upgrade :P
Didn't want to go with phpBB2 since it receives no new security updates.

I like it so far. Has a ton of neat settings. If it starts to bog down I can look into writing my own forum anyway. But that won't have any bells or whistles.
Tallgeese
Justice is Blind

Post by Tallgeese »

phpBB3 is just the definition of slow, it's terrifying.

SMF, myBB are leaner. But eh.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

*Roars in rage*

Oh shit, that stuff I was saying earlier about databases, I forgot byuu uses phpBB 3.. so now we have to:

1) convert forum's DB to phpBB 3
2) everything else I mentioned
NSRT here.
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

I don't think anyone was suggesting we move the current bsnes forums over to the new one. I know I wasn't...
byuu

Post by byuu »

Yeah, merging is not going to happen :P
Can manually move the most important stuff over.

Forum thing is kind of neat. Set up a hidden forum for WIP discussion, and I can make a "News" board to link in [ Discuss ] posts to main website news posts.

And I can post my wildly off-topic rants about other forums and political issues with (even more) impunity :D
henke37
Lurker

Post by henke37 »

You could just apply the WIP password to the forum instead, there is no need to make it hidden.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

*Roars in rage*

Seems fast enough to me, but there's only one topic, and it only has 6 posts.
lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

Hmm, I tried posting there and apparently every post I make must be approved by you before it is publicly viewable.

Is there a reason for this or is that just the default in your phpBB3 installation and you haven't got round to changing it yet?
EDIT: Oh wait, sorry, now I know. It's because I haven't actually been activated yet (I thought that was a bit odd; tried signing in and it worked so I thought my account had been activated; guess I was wrong).
King Of Chaos
Trooper

Post by King Of Chaos »

Signed up. :P He's moderating posts of unknown users to cut down on SPAM.
[url=http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=Kega]Kega Fusion Supporter[/url] | [url=http://byuu.cinnamonpirate.com/]bsnes Supporter[/url] | [url=http://aamirm.hacking-cult.org/]Regen Supporter[/url]
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

It will go away once you've had three posts approved.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

congrats byuu, I signed up right away

I don't mind, I'm signed up at a ton of forums so it's pretty much the norm.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

I could sign up, and promise to abide by your rules (I'm not always an idiot.)

But I should at least wait until things all settle out around there, then I'll think about it. I need to ponder if I can contribute anything useful to your board. I don't want to become your first spammer.

I hope it prospers though. (Sincerely!)
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

a little off topic question,

do you also apply word filter for the often mis-spelled emulator names on your forum?
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

Rashidi wrote:a little off topic question,

do you also apply word filter for the often mis-spelled emulator names on your forum?
Im not byuu
I wouldnt imagine byuu to do things like that cause I figure him to be a little stricter (but not in a mean way, just in a tidy way)

then again I dont know byuu personally enough to know what he really would do :V

bsnes (btw i am dumb) (btw i am gllt)
85cocoa
Hazed

Post by 85cocoa »

I have just registered on byuu's forum with the same username as here.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocky]Pocky[/url] & [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky]Rocky[/url]? [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocky_%26_Rocky]Pocky & Rocky[/url]? [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_%28series%29#Animals.2FMobians]Pocky & Rocky[/url]?
ShadowFX
Regular

Post by ShadowFX »

Already there obviously :)
[i]"Change is inevitable; progress is optional"[/i]
pagefault
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by pagefault »

Congrats on getting your own forum set up finally byuu, what was it 2 years in the making? I kid kid.. I congratulate you on the progress you have made on bsnes, I thought you were never going to work on SA-1 stuff :P Anyway it's a great achievement I look forward to other great stuff coming for your end of the pipeline, you have already contributed a lot to the scene as it is.

Cheers.
Watering ur plants.