|Wii| Zelda: Twilight Princess help...

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

franpa
Gecko snack

|Wii| Zelda: Twilight Princess help...

Post by franpa »

Hi, I am up to the lakebed temple (water temple) and according to various FAQs I am meant to have triggered some water flow near/at the miniboss room. I did not trigger this water flow and can't figure out how the fuck I reached the mini boss room in the first place -_-

Any help?
Last edited by franpa on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Go drink a coke. The water will flow freely afterwards.
gllt
NO VOWELS >:[

Post by gllt »

I'm playing right now, in between switching to and between Pikmin and Super Paper Mario as well as other random things

I haven't been there in a while and I'm not close to it yet (Pikmin is time consuming.) but I know I can't tell you to turn right or left until you inform us if you're playing wii or gamecube version lol
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

i can inform you you fucking suck
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Wii, sorry about that >.>
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
blargg
Regular

Post by blargg »

Save, reset, reload at beginning of temple, then go trigger whatever water flow you were supposed to.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Water Bombs don't work out of water right? I had to go swap them with normal bombs and blast a boulder.

edit: unless I misread and it said normal bombs can't be used underwater...
snkcube
Hero of Time

Post by snkcube »

franpa wrote:edit: unless I misread and it said normal bombs can't be used underwater...
Of course. That's why there's water bombs.
Try out CCleaner and other free software at Piriform
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

New problem, the Wiimote lost sync and when it resynced the joystick wasn't centered so I replugged it and it was fixed, then I noticed all the buttons on it don't work so I was thinking that maybe it was thinking a button was being kept held down? so I tried to do a full resync via the red button on the console and the Wiimote and now the Wiimote doesn't turn on at all >_<" no flashing lights or anything... I will lose a shit load of gameplay if I can't get it working.

EDIT: Getting my sisters boyfriend to bring over one of there Wiimotes. This stupid thing had to happen so close to the end of the game :/ (just got master sword and on the way to twilight mirror)
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

You have a while to go, franpa. The game lasts loner than that.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

franpa wrote:New problem, the Wiimote lost sync and when it resynced the joystick wasn't centered so I replugged it and it was fixed, then I noticed all the buttons on it don't work so I was thinking that maybe it was thinking a button was being kept held down? so I tried to do a full resync via the red button on the console and the Wiimote and now the Wiimote doesn't turn on at all >_<" no flashing lights or anything... I will lose a shit load of gameplay if I can't get it working.

EDIT: Getting my sisters boyfriend to bring over one of there Wiimotes. This stupid thing had to happen so close to the end of the game :/ (just got master sword and on the way to twilight mirror)
battery check?

and have you ever played a zelda game before? master sword is not anything near an end-game item.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

In Wind Waker, the Master Sword is pretty much the last thing you have to get before a fairly short revisit to various bosses and then Gannon o_o. I thought it would be a continued theme in Twilight Princess. I have only played console zelda games and LOZ & ZWW all have the master sword as pretty much the last major item to get...

I have tried new batteries already.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

franpa wrote:I have only played console zelda games and LOZ & ZWW all have the master sword as pretty much the last major item to get...
"lol"
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

My sisters boyfriend brought there's over at last and I synced it via the red buttons and it worked instantly.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

when you say synced via red buttons, i think you mean synced.

there's only one way to do it
Bent
Lurker

Post by Bent »

sweener2001 wrote:when you say synced via red buttons, i think you mean synced.

there's only one way to do it
Well not really. You can temp sync a wiimote to your console without using the red buttons you know.
~Bent
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

and you can sync when signal is lost via any button too. I just wanted to power down or reset the state of the wiimote without turning off the console and doing a full resync seemed the best approach at the time... now the wiimote is bricked for some reason. My sisters wii mote worked fine though after performing the same sync procedure that bricked my first wiimote.
Last edited by franpa on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

didn't know about that, but still kind of pointless

it's not like the red buttons are so difficult
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

franpa wrote:In Wind Waker, the Master Sword is pretty much the last thing you have to get before a fairly short revisit to various bosses and then Gannon o_o. I thought it would be a continued theme in Twilight Princess. I have only played console zelda games and LOZ & ZWW all have the master sword as pretty much the last major item to get...
Not really, no.

LttP gets the master sword after 4 dungeons on a rough total of 14. You also could level it the hell up twice. The second time involves butar.
No master sword in LA/DX. Level 2 sword is an end-of-collect-quest item. You wouldn't have got it anyway.
OoT gets the master sword after 3 dungeons on a rough total of 10. You probably didn't notice the whole scenario key item thing.
No master sword in MM. Golden sword is trivial to get. Except, you probably didn't even try to improve the blade twice in a cycle.
WW gets the master sword relatively late but then you get whipped by ganon and have 3 or 4 dungeons left to unlock the holy power. Longer than the previous dungeons. You probably sucked at them.
TP gets it in the middle too. You also have to unlock the power. You still suck.

franpa continuity is pretty easy to keep track of, compared to zelda games'.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

franpa wrote:I have only played console zelda games and LOZ & ZWW all have the master sword as pretty much the last major item to get...
Console-only... check.
Given there IS NO Master Sword in Link's Awakening...

They introduced it in Link to the Past, and it was attained... hell, barely a third of the way through the game.

(Note that I haven't seriously played a Zelda since Link's Awakening)
DancemasterGlenn
Veteran

Post by DancemasterGlenn »

grinvader wrote:The second time involves butar.
It's funny because it's soooooo true.
I bring the trouble.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

grinvader wrote:
franpa wrote:In Wind Waker, the Master Sword is pretty much the last thing you have to get before a fairly short revisit to various bosses and then Gannon o_o. I thought it would be a continued theme in Twilight Princess. I have only played console zelda games and LOZ & ZWW all have the master sword as pretty much the last major item to get...
Not really, no.

LttP gets the master sword after 4 dungeons on a rough total of 14. You also could level it the hell up twice. The second time involves butar.
No master sword in LA/DX. Level 2 sword is an end-of-collect-quest item. You wouldn't have got it anyway.
OoT gets the master sword after 3 dungeons on a rough total of 10. You probably didn't notice the whole scenario key item thing.
No master sword in MM. Golden sword is trivial to get. Except, you probably didn't even try to improve the blade twice in a cycle.
WW gets the master sword relatively late but then you get whipped by ganon and have 3 or 4 dungeons left to unlock the holy power. Longer than the previous dungeons. You probably sucked at them.
TP gets it in the middle too. You also have to unlock the power. You still suck.

Ok, WW I was wrong >.> I ... it was freakin' 4am -_-" ok? I wasn't thinking that well. Yea you get the master sword, face ganon and he whoops your butt because the swords magic hasn't awakened yet... (the game does say you have the True Master Sword or whatever when it is powered up...)

but LOZ I was right, right? you needed a ton of items to be able to get the 12 heart containers necessary to obtain the master sword...
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

franpa wrote:
grinvader wrote:
Not really, no.

Ok, WW I was wrong >.> I ... it was freakin' 4am -_-" ok? I wasn't thinking that well. Yea you get the master sword, face ganon and he whoops your butt because the swords magic hasn't awakened yet... (the game does say you have the True Master Sword or whatever when it is powered up...)

but LOZ I was right, right? you needed a ton of items to be able to get the 12 heart containers necessary to obtain the master sword...
There IS NO Master Sword in Zelda 1.

There is the Magical Sword, which you could retcon into the Master Sword, it's name lost to the ages. But Nintendo hasn't, so it's little more than a fanfic edit.

As I said, the Master Sword was introduced in Link to the Past.

And if we're concerned with continuity(God knows Nintendo isn't anymore)... LttP's ending says "And the Master Sword sleeps again... FOREVER."
So... no, the Magical Sword is NOT the Master Sword.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

damn you guys and your geek knowledge on zelda -_-
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

or your complete lack thereof