AT&T Vs. Verizon

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

AT&T vs. Verizon?

AT&T
12%
Verizon
18%
Butar
71%

Total votes: 17

adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

AT&T Vs. Verizon

Post by adventure_of_link »

So which one should I go for? For cost measures, the minutes and such are low (which is why I won't be accepting any higher offers.) If you all can find something with similar specs for a lower price, I'll consider this as well. I also want to be able to text/multimedia message lots, as well as make and answer calls WITHOUT having to pay $3/day for making/answering calls, even ONCE per day, thank you Verizon prepaid. :evil: As of this posting, I go through at least two $30 prepaid VZW cards every month (give or take), and since all I do is basically text on it (since multimedia messages are 50 cents to send/receive, and again, calls are $3/day to make/receive,) I send and receive about 750 texts a month, at least. The offers are as follows:

AT&T. 450 daytime mins w/ 5k nights/wiikend mins, unlimited mobile-to-mobile and texting, as well as rollover mins, all for $59.99. My mom got a promotion in the mail today for two phones when you open a new account with them, however IIRC you'd have to get a family plan, I'd like to see if you can get a single plan. Bad news is, it'd be in her name. :(

OR:

Verizon. 450 daytime mins w/ unlimited nights/wiikends/mobile-to-mobile/texting for $59.99. By doing this, I can keep my present phone (which as I've stated before it's a Verizon, so..), not to mention I should be able to put this one in my name.

I should also mention that I live near cincinnati, ohio and would like something that can go nationwide.

thoughts, comments, etc?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
nintendo_nerd
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Post by nintendo_nerd »

I vote Verizon since AT&T tends to rip people off; plus I've never so much as seen an unlimited minute plan from them.
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Verizon has the better network technically speaking. Their customer service blows though and I'm sure they'll screw your bill up sooner or later.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
Gospel
Hazed

Post by Gospel »

In my experience, Verizon has excellent CS. Very friendly, and they'll usually go out of their way to help you.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

given that the two plans are equally priced, but one has free nights and weekends, the choice seems obvious.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Verizon is like the renamed Bell, but I don't think I've ever had problems with them... other than insane-ish costs.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: AT&T Vs. Verizon

Post by grinvader »

adventure_of_link wrote:thoughts, comments, etc?
Should be obvious enough.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

Gospel wrote:In my experience, Verizon has excellent CS. Very friendly, and they'll usually go out of their way to help you.
Really? Because I've had to take them to the BPU(board of public utilities) before with internet/phone and I had numerous recurring problems when I had them for cell phone carrier. All around Verizon epic fail for me.

I've since rid myself of all Verizon services.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

Happy AT&T user here, I have travelled around the US and the service seems pretty consistant. Your milage may vary though.

Works for me.
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Panzer88 wrote:"Works for me."®™
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

damn straight, want to get my stock value up
[quote="byuu"]Seriously, what kind of asshole makes an old-school 2D emulator that requires a Core 2 to get full speed? [i]>:([/i] [/quote]
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

You know what guys? Fuck Verizon. Fuck AT&T.

If I'm understanding this Everything Messaging plan Sprint has (eg: it has all I want and need without all the added bells-n-whistles) it'll actually save me $10 more every month!

Anyone here familiar with Sprint or would recommend them?
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

I've heard nothing but bad things about them.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Panzer88
Inmate

Post by Panzer88 »

no one I know uses them, I didn't even know they were doing that good of business anyways. All they have going for them is their flashy

"Now Network" ad campaign.

I can't wait till WiMax hits my city and then I can just have an internet plan and do my phone via that. (WiMax is a citywide wifi network)
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

sprint is getting the pre, and they carry decent HTC phones. the rumor 2 could be good.

sprint is dying, though. that's something to be wary of. although i think i'm going to end up going with them just because everyone in my family is on sprint.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

adventure_of_link wrote:You know what guys? Fuck Verizon. Fuck AT&T.
The poll effectively reflects that

long live democracy

also butar
皆黙って俺について来い!!

adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

grinvader wrote:The poll effectively reflects that

long live democracy
I also said if you guys could find me a plan with similar specs and cheaper priced I'd consider it ¬_¬

To be fair, I was at first gonna go with Verizon, then researched Sprint and found their plan to be cheaper. :D
NSRT here.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

make sure their coverage is adequate in your area.

they're not as spread out as verizon or att
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

sweener2001 wrote:make sure their coverage is adequate in your area.

they're not as spread out as verizon or att
Ooh, I didn't consider that.. then again, I used to use Boost Mobile (which is IIRC based off Sprint/Nextel) and it got good service, so...

it's just like that Cricket wireless. it's cheaper than Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T, however IIRC it only goes around my area, somewhere north of Cincinnati, and in Louisville. It does go other areas too, but it's not enough coverage for me in the end. D:

On another note, it seems that Sprint will go everywhere I need it to go. :)
NSRT here.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Just remember that if a provider is gonna take a crap, chances are that they would be bought out/merging with another company. Then you'll end up paying a little more in the end... whatever works best I guess.
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
Gospel
Hazed

Post by Gospel »

You could try getting a Sprint SERO plan, if they're still around.

$30 for unlimited everything except voice minutes.