DQ6 Help

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

cjk124

DQ6 Help

Post by cjk124 »

Hi all. I have a question. I downloaded DQ6 from -ROM site name removed- and was wondering which was the farthest translation?
I am assuming its one of the noprogress.90 files so out of the 3 of those i guess.

thanx.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

extract the bottom one then go to romhacking.net and download the patch there.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
cjk124

Post by cjk124 »

Done. Thanx for quick response.

Also I think it is the same as their official site
http://www.geocities.com/noprgress/dq6/

I could be wrong though.
cjk124

Post by cjk124 »

[No.] has T+Eng.95_NoPrgress. wouldn't this one be further than the one on romhacking.net?

-ROM site removed-
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

No. The clueless idiots who make up and catalog pre-patched ROMs make up even more clueless ROM titles.
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

The No Progress version is about 90% done. It is fully playable to the end. Most of the untranslated text happens in non-essential parts, such as when you sell items. There are also some game-freezing glitches you have to watch out for (such as if you try to exit the equip menu by pressing cancel). It is a great game, but you are likely better off to wait for the DS port.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

don't know how you all missed that ROM link.. oh well it's gone now.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

You forgot to remove the site name from the first sentence. Fixed.
FitzRoy
Veteran

Post by FitzRoy »

Only Cowering could make a database 15x larger than it needs to be by including bad dumps, hacks, and hard-patching every patch to its own rom.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

FitzRoy wrote:Only Cowering could make a database 15x larger than it needs to be by including bad dumps, hacks, and hard-patching every patch to its own rom and call it a Good set.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Well, we actually talked with him about that. His first app was for the NES and he wanted to make a pun, so "GoodNES".

In short, the 'Good' doesn't mean it has good contents, it's just a legacy from a completely unrelated and outdated pun.
He even expressed regrets on how that "sets of good things" spin took hold. Still didn't make him change the name, though.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

grinvader wrote:Well, we actually talked with him about that. His first app was for the NES and he wanted to make a pun, so "GoodNES".

In short, the 'Good' doesn't mean it has good contents, it's just a legacy from a completely unrelated and outdated pun.
He even expressed regrets on how that "sets of good things" spin took hold. Still didn't make him change the name, though.
Interesting bit of history there.
cjk124

Post by cjk124 »

I am illiterate.

I will be banned next time I post ROM sites. Even if it's not a clickable link.