Snes emulators "slow" on Windows Vista/7?

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

add to that the fact that MS doesn't allow an upgrade from Beta to RC. they say you'll have issues if you attempt to upgrade.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

sweener2001 wrote:why, hello second post of the thread
Yes, quite the eye catcher, isn't it.
nintendo_nerd wrote:should I trust them enough to use this loophole?
(¬_¬)
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

sweener2001 wrote:add to that the fact that MS doesn't allow an upgrade from Beta to RC. they say you'll have issues if you attempt to upgrade.
You can upgrade anyway with hax.

Also, lol, you don't have to reformat to run the Custom install option. It will just shove Windows, Users, $Recycle.bin, Program Files, and in 64-bit, Program Files (x86), into C:\Windows.old. You'll still be able to salvage your data, and all other folders will remain as they were before the install.

You'll probably have to reinstall clean when the final version comes out anyway, so get used to it.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

right, i know this.

but, issues if you do.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
nintendo_nerd
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Post by nintendo_nerd »

Could someone tell me why the Windows RC 7100 iso image is called "7100.0.090421-1700_x86fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culfrer_en_dvd.iso" especially when I get ready to burn it to a DVD (ImgBurn) , it tells me "16:52:43 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (6.1, Build 7000)" Should it say instead "I 16:52:43 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (6.1, Build 7100)? What the crap?
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

where did you download the file from?
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
Killa B
♥ Love Freak FlonneZilla ♥

Post by Killa B »

Make sure you download it from Microsoft's website. It's legal, so you don't have to get it from shady parts of the internet. :)

The filename "7100.0.090421-1700_x86fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culfrer_en_dvd.iso" sounds like bad news (especially since there currently is no retail version of Windows 7).
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Killa B wrote:Make sure you download it from Microsoft's website. It's legal, so you don't have to get it from shady parts of the internet. :)

The filename "7100.0.090421-1700_x86fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culfrer_en_dvd.iso" sounds like bad news (especially since there currently is no retail version of Windows 7).
"retail" is correct - it's referring to retail vs volume license vs oem (the different classes of product keys).
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
nintendo_nerd
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Post by nintendo_nerd »

Okay, it ended up being the right one (I hate when image burners tell you false information!) and installed and and it actually shows both my HDDs now! AND it runs a heck of a lot better.
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson
Killa B
♥ Love Freak FlonneZilla ♥

Post by Killa B »

odditude wrote:"retail" is correct - it's referring to retail vs volume license vs oem (the different classes of product keys).
Oh, interesting.
nintendo_nerd wrote:Okay, it ended up being the right one (I hate when image burners tell you false information!) and installed and and it actually shows both my HDDs now! AND it runs a heck of a lot better.
Good to know, even though I ended up not being helpful at all! :)
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

I'm using windows 7 build 7127, and I have an E8400 oc'd to 3.6ghz, running zsnes at 1920x1080 ds_f with hq4x and tripple buffering enabled, couldn't be smoother.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]