Audit ROM files before playing them

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

tellyup
Rookie

Audit ROM files before playing them

Post by tellyup »

I need somebody's help here. I have it in my head that ROMs cannot be trusted, that is until they are 'proofed' against the dat lists from say dat-o-matic. Programs such as ClrMAMEPro do this (I think) but its only for PC. Not only that but no matter how much I've read I just cannot figure out how to use the thing!

Well, luckily for Mac there is a solution now called Lesminni (http://github.com/MatthewCallis/Lesminni/tree/master), which I think is similar to ClrMAMEPro in that it uses the dat files to compare ROMs to its database.. the problem is I just can't figure it out.

Is there anybody here with access to a Mac, who knows how to use ClrMAMEPro that can try out Lesminni?

Thanks.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

I advise using nsrt instead.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
tellyup
Rookie

Lesminni is newer and more flexible

Post by tellyup »

But the problem is that NSRT is SNES specific where as Lesminni can do all the Nintendo generations and its so old the latest version 3.4 doesn't even mount (I have Leopard 10.5.7).

Can anybody please try out the Lesminni software, at least use their knowledge on how other verifiers work, because all I can get it to do is load the DAT file and that's it. Is there even an option to proof ROMs?

Thanks.
krunetha

Post by krunetha »

What is the right definition of auditing? Auditing can be defined as an indepedent examination, evaluation of the authenticity, the reability of the organization document, records and expression of opinion in accordance with the terms of engagement observant of statutory regulation, professiona ethics and making examination enquiring on the financial statement in which the auditor is reporting to state his view that is true or false about the state of affair as the year ended.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

O.... K..... :?

Locked.
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

krunetha wrote:What is auditing? Searching through a miserable little pile of secrets!
tl;dr lawl, have at you
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54