Speaking before checking the facts = facepalm

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

Exophase
Hazed

Post by Exophase »

So in which ways is it souped up, aside from having a GUI? Either way, I think you'd get more appreciation adding things to Mednafen (like the GUI), rather than using its PC-Engine core and claiming you have a brand new emulator.

Also, have you talked to Mednafen's author about this? I personally think that forking software w/o permission or a very pressing reason (usually by people who have already contributed to a significant amount of the code base) can be rude. I know a lot of people disagree, though (ie, GPL = do what you want) and I doubt Ryphecha cares enormously, so I'm probably speaking to no one on this.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Hey exophase, you really think it's kick's project?

Stop shooting the messenger and switch the brain on next time.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

It's enhanced by way of adding the ability to TAS with it. it's a fork not of mednafen, but of the re-recording variant.
Exophase
Hazed

Post by Exophase »

grinvader wrote:Hey exophase, you really think it's kick's project?

Stop shooting the messenger and switch the brain on next time.
And how was I supposed to know that exactly..? You jump to insults over everything :|
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Hahaha, now I'm the one jumping.
Who's the one assuming completely unfounded claims without even reading the list of those involved in a project already ?

Don't expect me to stop insulting blatant stupidity, ignorance and general foolishness anytime soon.

And dare say you wouldn't have answered the same thing if the tables were reversed. ¬_¬
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Exophase
Hazed

Post by Exophase »

grinvader wrote:Hahaha, now I'm the one jumping.
Who's the one assuming completely unfounded claims without even reading the list of those involved in a project already ?
You do realize that some people use different aliases on sourceforge and various forums, right? Especially when one is as potentially ubiquitous as "kick." Maybe you took what I said as insulting, but I had no intention of making personal attacks of the nature you're making in this thread, and make in many other threads...

Calling this libel, wow. I can't believe you're being serious. Wait, you do mean it, right?
grinvader wrote:Don't expect me to stop insulting blatant stupidity, ignorance and general foolishness anytime soon.
Yes, ones like these. You know, you make mistakes too - of course, that time I called you on it you just argued against it anyway...
grinvader wrote:And dare say you wouldn't have answered the same thing if the tables were reversed. ¬_¬
No, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have told the person to "turn on their brain" over a pretty simple and fairly understandable mistake (lack of credit in the post for one thing)

If you had made the mistake instead of me, and I knew it was incorrect, I would have probably responded "kick didn't write that emulator, _____ did" and nothing else. And if you responded like this I would have probably responded "Oops, my mistake. Please take my post as addressed to the author instead." Instead, I was defensive because you were being deliberately insulting, and now we're arguing about it like this.
kick
Trooper

Post by kick »

Exophase wrote:Either way, I think you'd get more appreciation adding things to Mednafen (like the GUI), rather than using its PC-Engine core and claiming you have a brand new emulator.

*snip*
ROFL! @__ XD

@Exophase: Stop attacking the newsposter and send all your hate mail to the real project owner (pault414).

Just take a look at his project history:
http://code.google.com/u/pault414/

You can see that he's creating TAS / re-recording mods of every possible emulator out there.
[i]Have a nice kick in da nutz[/i] @~@* c//
Exophase
Hazed

Post by Exophase »

grinvader already had that response, thanks. Hate mail? Good grief...