Snes Sf7 Gamedoctor error

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

clessoulis
Regular

Snes Sf7 Gamedoctor error

Post by clessoulis »

Ok I keep getting this error.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9779/13937455.jpg

I dont have any clue what I need to do. I dont understand why programs like this are still around this is so vastly not user friendly and outdated :(
MajereDB8
Rookie

Post by MajereDB8 »

In order to send files to the GDSF7, you first need to convert them to the GD3 file format in UCON64. Then, in the SNES interface, select the file and the GD3/6 button, then click send. Note that you need to have a parallel port driver enabled or else UCON can't interface with your copier.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Snes Sf7 Gamedoctor error

Post by grinvader »

clessoulis wrote:outdated :(
Have a look at your game doctor sometimes. It's older tech than some people around here.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
clessoulis
Regular

Post by clessoulis »

MajereDB8 wrote:In order to send files to the GDSF7, you first need to convert them to the GD3 file format in UCON64. Then, in the SNES interface, select the file and the GD3/6 button, then click send. Note that you need to have a parallel port driver enabled or else UCON can't interface with your copier.
Yeah thats not telling me anything about the error im having converting a file in ucon64.

I know how the interface of the unit works. I've got a disk with a handful of roms.

I have a gamestation unit. That I recently got and its been nothing but trouble really.

Firstly Im having tons of issues with the roms seeming to not load properly at all. IM getting errors rom the game not even starting to random glitches and freezes.

The only logical conclusion I can think of is that the cd rom unit in the system is broken and isnt copying the game into the ram properly.

However this makes no sense because a rom can be loaded perfectly and I will play for hours without glitches then I will come back to play that rom later and it totally wont load.

The unit has 32mb on it. I dont know if what is happening is that the units memory is filling up and then not clearing itselt properly either.
MajereDB8
Rookie

Post by MajereDB8 »

clessoulis wrote:I know how the interface of the unit works. I've got a disk with a handful of roms.
By "interface," I meant the SNES tab of ucon64.

You may want to try going into the frontend settings and changing the output directory to "." (without the quote marks.) That should output your ROM to the ucon64 directory.