ClearWin16 causes 'signal 11' crash with directfb

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

miner49er

ClearWin16 causes 'signal 11' crash with directfb

Post by miner49er »

Hi there,

I'm trying to get zsnes running using only a framebuffer on my arcade Cabinet (with 15Khz monitor).

I eventually tracked down the cause (sort of) the crash as being the call to ClearWin16. However after this point I'm stumped as I can't find where ClearWin16 is defined.

If I comment out ClearWin16 then, apparently zsnes runs (I can't tell, as I'm running/debugging it remotely from work...oops, wasting work time!).

I also found (after discovering it myself) that someone else had this problem but nobody replied: http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... clearwin16

So, can anyone help me here on:

a) the location of ClearWin16
b) Anything that may be relevent to getting this wonderful (creep creep) bit of software running on console/framebuffer.

cheers,

m

Edit: Found Clearwin16 by actually reading that other guys post - I was nly searching in .c files! Which, simply make that other guys patch a bit odd - he comments out ClearWin16 and alters the ASM? I must be missing something here...

Edit2: I should probably add that I'm running linux and I'm using 1.51