New video card doesn't want to cooperate

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

I have no problems with my Nvidia drivers, other than the DVI display scaling option reverting to "Use my display's built-in scaling" when I click Apply. Which I don't mind too much since its scaling is OK, and I never really use other resolutions anyway.

You people are too picky.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

It matters if you are paying for it and demand satisfaction. :P
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Ah, therein lies the problem. I didn't pay for my video card directly. I am satisfied, however. I haven't noticed any problems that affect my regular usage patterns.
diminish

Post by diminish »

kode54 wrote:I have no problems with my Nvidia drivers, other than the DVI display scaling option reverting to "Use my display's built-in scaling" when I click Apply.
Seems to be the case with Vista/Windows 7 nv drivers. I didn't experience this with any XP driver on a laptop display (the behaviour was present in every Vista/Win7 driver I've checked), but at the same time I get sharper (and subjectively better) scaling in Vista/Windows 7 than in XP with the same hardware.
Squall_Leonhart
Trooper

Post by Squall_Leonhart »

kode54 wrote:I have no problems with my Nvidia drivers, other than the DVI display scaling option reverting to "Use my display's built-in scaling" when I click Apply. Which I don't mind too much since its scaling is OK, and I never really use other resolutions anyway.

The scaling option will only remain active if the desktop res is not native.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/squall_leonhart69r/Final_Fantasy_8/squall_sig1.gif[/img]
[url=http://vba-m.com/]VBA-M Forum[/url], [url=http://www.ngohq.com]NGOHQ[/url]
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Squall_Leonhart wrote:
kode54 wrote:I have no problems with my Nvidia drivers, other than the DVI display scaling option reverting to "Use my display's built-in scaling" when I click Apply. Which I don't mind too much since its scaling is OK, and I never really use other resolutions anyway.

That's fucking stupid, since it's well-known that many gaming applications will change the display resolution, many users will change the display resolution, and it's not how it works on XP.
Squall_Leonhart
Trooper

Gil_Hamilton wrote:
Squall_Leonhart wrote:

That's fucking stupid, since it's well-known that many gaming applications will change the display resolution, many users will change the display resolution, and it's not how it works on XP.
I know, i dunno what is fucking up there, since it only works this way on Vista.
in XP using the same drivers the scaling mode sets, no problems.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/squall_leonhart69r/Final_Fantasy_8/squall_sig1.gif[/img]
nintendo_nerd
Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot

Post by nintendo_nerd »

Are the newest drivers still having massive framerate problems in graphic-intensive games? I downloaded them, but haven't installed them.
"Just because I don't LISTEN doesn't mean I don't CARE!" -Homer Simpson
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

nintendo_nerd wrote:Are the newest drivers still having massive framerate problems in graphic-intensive games? I downloaded them, but haven't installed them.
consults his magic 8-ball.

it'll format your hard drive when you check your email.
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
Squall_Leonhart
Trooper

nintendo_nerd wrote:Are the newest drivers still having massive framerate problems in graphic-intensive games? I downloaded them, but haven't installed them.
which games?
the only games having problems were caused by AO being enabled, but not supported by the engine, or the system power mode was set to low power.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

So they fixed the Shogo triple-buffer bug?
nintendo_nerd

Post by nintendo_nerd »

What I meant were emulators that were running at only 0.01 (not 1.0) frames per second. One the drivers I have now, many CPU/GPU intensive emulators (PCSX2/Dolphin/PJ64) run full speed on many of the games. I just don't want to have to worry about that issue on the newest drivers.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

if your current setup fucking works...

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT TO MAKE IT SUCK

(because you will)

(and you will whine about it here)

(and i will fucking ban you)
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
nintendo_nerd

Post by nintendo_nerd »

grinvader wrote:if your current setup fu***** works...

WHY THE F*** WOULD YOU WANT TO MAKE IT SUCK

(because you will)

(and you will whine about it here)

(and i will fu***** ban you)
Because I'm apparently an expert at pissing people like you off, it's my specialty after all. Oh, that and coming across as whiny. Oh, and using the F-word three times doesn't solve anything, either, right? Why do I always get the impression that ever since I've been on these forums (with various accounts) I'm treated like crap? So, just what is the best way to not get emasculated here? Do I need a Bachelor's Degree in being a douche bag or something? I know what I'm saying here will not only ban me, but I'm sure further measures (like IP banning) will be taken so that I can never so much as step foot in these forums from hell again, am I right? Or is it because I'm from Utah and the mods here don't like our so-called "unchristian" religion (or would you rather call it a "cult")? Yeah, there have been some people who have been nice, but people like Grinvader, sweener2001 and others who have treated me as though I were a person who had leprosy. At least in other forums, I've never had my head bitten off for asking seemingly "noob" questions, especially when it came to software. What's wrong with you people!!? It was never my intention to piss anyone off and/or make them have animosity towards me! Some of them seem to have no empathy/sympathy and have either apathy or antipathy; what is the bloody problem with my being here!!!? Oh, and by the way, as my last words on this board, I want to say something totally unrelated. At the rate the Zsnes 2.0 code is being rewritten, I'll likely be 30 when it's released, now, why hasn't there been so much as a public update on it's status? There, I said it. HA!
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

uhm, nobody knew you were from Utah nor (presumably) Mormon until you just brought it up. it has nothing to do with your place of origin nor your religion... just the drama-queeniness you just exemplified.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
nintendo_nerd

Post by nintendo_nerd »

I just...hate being treated like crap, that's all I'm saying...
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

nintendo_nerd wrote:I just...hate being treated like crap, that's all I'm saying...
understandable. but if you grow a thicker skin, you'll realize that the initial prods are almost always in fun - which prevents the rest from coming your way due to overreacting.

also, occasionally you have to try things for yourself first... it's not like you can't roll back to a previous driver.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

nintendo_nerd wrote:Oh, and by the way, as my last words on this board, I want to say...
nintendo_nerd wrote:I just...hate being treated like crap, that's all I'm saying...
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

Stop being Emo, and you know, start thinking...
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Lepers are cool with me. Got nothing on them. :)
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
nintendo_nerd

Post by nintendo_nerd »

funkyass wrote:Stop being Emo, and you know, start thinking...
Sorry, can't make any promises......
grinvader wrote:Lepers are cool with me. Got nothing on them. :)
Oh, so they're more tolerable than I originally thought?