A question for the Americans out there...

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

SquareHead
Veteran

A question for the Americans out there...

Post by SquareHead »

Ok I am days away from my phone upgrade. I want a smart-phone or something close. Here are my favorite options:

Samsung Delve
LG Triton
Motorola Q 9c
Blackberry Curve 8330
Motorola Evoke
HTC Touch Diamond

I don't think the Delve or the Triton should qualify, but they require smart-phone plansas well, so I lumped them in here.

Does anyone use any of these? Do you have any recommendations?
I have researched my eyes out, and I hear good and bad for them all.
I don't have any specific purpose or use in mind, I just kind of want one.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

I hear good things about HTC's phones, but I haven't used them. I'd stay away from blackberry, though. My sister has one and it's sluggish and lousy.
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

Why is this question aimed at Americans?

Are you under the assumption that no one else in the world has a fucking mobile phone?
doktor_kris
Lurker

Post by doktor_kris »

I'm from Europe and my wireless talkie-stick enables me to talk to people. I like that.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

Gonzo wrote:Why is this question aimed at Americans?

Are you under the assumption that no one else in the world has a fucking mobile phone?
settle down, beavis.

there are different phones for sale in different areas of the world, sometimes sold under the same model names.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Re: A question for the Americans out there...

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

Samsung Delve - this is a step down from the triton. samsung keeps releasing this thing with slight differences, like the instinct and behold.

LG Triton - nice 3mp camera, simple to use phone, this thing will do lots of stuff and look nice while doing it.

Motorola Q 9c - old phone, I don't like motorola but it has a full size keyboard and windows mobile, there's not much they can mess up with basic hardware like that. no touch screen? get with the times. I know a skank that had one of these, seems like a girly phone to me in the silver color.

Blackberry Curve 8330 - this thing may have been considered somewhat decent when it came out some time ago. actually no, my blackberry pearl 8100 is better and came out three years ago. doesn't even have high speed access, don't even think about this gay piece of shit.

Motorola Evoke - motorola makes tons of shit, so they make shitty phones. this 2 way slider is nothing but a gay gimmick. just wait till one of your friends (if you have any) tries to slide it both ways at once and breaks it.

HTC Touch Diamond - the most advanced phone out of the lot. this thing can do anything, but may not be as simple to use. no keyboard with limited screen space means texting is going to suck.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
SquareHead
Veteran

Post by SquareHead »

odditude wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Why is this question aimed at Americans?

settle down, beavis.

there are different phones for sale in different areas of the world, sometimes sold under the same model names.
Bingo. Was nothing personal.

Thanks to those who did offer an opinion. I eventually went with the LG Tritan. I almost went for the HTC, especially since it offered wifi connectivity as well, but I am somewhat a text whore, and went with something that has an actual keyboard as well.
adventure_of_link
Locksmith of Hyrule

Post by adventure_of_link »

Good deal. I personally recommend almost anything LG.

Motorola, as phonymike said, is garbage. :(
<Nach> so why don't the two of you get your own room and leave us alone with this stupidity of yours?
NSRT here.