New Super Famicom reviews

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

lkermel
Rookie

New Super Famicom reviews

Post by lkermel »

I've just published a new update to my site and added the following reviews:
PC Engine : Dekoboko Densetsu, Exile II, Motoroader MC.
Super Famicom : Ashita No Joe, G.O.D, Goof Troop, Melfand Stories, Pipe Dream, Spark World, Kigurumi Daibouken.
I've also a new article about Bandai's Kasetto Sentai and some new video game illustrations.

Please let me know what you think :)

On a different note I'm not sure if I'll be able to spend as much time on the site as before. It's a sort of dilemma for me, the site's traffic has been going down for over a year - is it related to a lack of interest in these old games or just me who needs to advertise the site more? I'm not sure. But I have a lot of other things going on which generates more interest than Video Game Den. But don't worry, the site will be online for a long time and I will update it from time to time - probably at a higher frequency but with less content...
Last edited by lkermel on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.videogameden.com/][img]http://www.kermelweb.com/laurentbox/bannerf2.gif[/img][/url]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

The art of GOD certainly reminds us of Egawa's work.
Credits...
©Egawa Tatsuya
nss *rolls eyes*

Just looking at the box art is enough, really. Unique styles are useful for that, if anything.

Also, a G.O.D. review that doesn't mention the heavy hires use or the intro song ? blasphemy. ;p
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

If you are making your website purely to see how many visitors you can get, you should probably rethink why you are doing your website.

I'll also say, I still hate the watermarks. It detracts from your whole site. That shit is not yours. All it does is piss off the people who do care about having things look in their original form, and it does nothing to stop those who are going to "steal" from your website anyways (see x-cult).

The Ashita No Joe and Kigurumi Daibouken links are 404.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
lkermel
Rookie

Post by lkermel »

grinvader, I'm not sure what you're trying to say about Egawa Tatsuya... GOD is such a good game, I couldn't really list all its awesome features. A definite underrated game.
If you are making your website purely to see how many visitors you can get, you should probably rethink why you are doing your website.
I don't really get you there. I haven't been doing this web site to see how many visitors I can get, I did it to share what I like and enjoy. But if people don't visit the site, the 'sharing' part of my work is sort of flawed isn't it ? You sort of misunderstood me, I'm just saying that I'm re-evaluating all the projects I'm working on and deciding of which ones are worth investing the time. And I used the "recognition argument" to sort them out. That's all.
Thanks for pointing this out. Fixed it :)
[url=http://www.videogameden.com/][img]http://www.kermelweb.com/laurentbox/bannerf2.gif[/img][/url]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

lkermel wrote:grinvader, I'm not sure what you're trying to say about Egawa Tatsuya...
Was just pointing out a captain obvious moment, never mind.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

lkermel wrote:grinvader, I'm not sure what you're trying to say about Egawa Tatsuya... GOD is such a good game, I couldn't really list all its awesome features. A definite underrated game.
I don't really get you there. I haven't been doing this web site to see how many visitors I can get, I did it to share what I like and enjoy. But if people don't visit the site, the 'sharing' part of my work is sort of flawed isn't it ? You sort of misunderstood me, I'm just saying that I'm re-evaluating all the projects I'm working on and deciding of which ones are worth investing the time. And I used the "recognition argument" to sort them out. That's all.
Thanks for pointing this out. Fixed it :)
Making a website, especially one with such a narrow interest range (16 bit Japanese video games) will never generate much for viewership. No amount of advertising or content will ever change that. This is why I criticize your use of watermarks, because it detracts from an otherwise wonderful website that provides information to relatively unknown games. So, if you are not creating a website because you enjoy writing about obscure SFC and PC Engine games, but rather to see how many hits you can get, your site will eventually fade away.

You know, back when I first started my website, I was trying to get hits, and at one point I was getting upwards of 500 hits a day. However, at one point I decided to just make it a hobby and update it when i could. My website "only" generates about 50-100 hits a day right now, but I am still proud of it and still update it when I get the chance. I try to provide information that no other websites do (for instance, I do not write game reviews often, as you can find lots on Gamefaqs). And for people who are absolutely crazy about the SNES, they love what I do. But I will never again expect huge amounts of traffic, aside from people who are interested in the Super Nintendo.

Don't take me the wrong way, I love your site and I'm only saying this because I want you to continue on with it. But I just want you to understand that you shouldn't expect large amounts of praise from the masses.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
lkermel
Rookie

Post by lkermel »

No problem mate, I understand :)
I think I'll remove the watermarks in the near future. The thing is that I'll have to deal with Video Game Den as you do with your site (I'm however lucky when I get 10/20 visits a day these days). I've been working on other projects (comic book, illustrations) that take a lot of my time so this is why I wanted to put all my projects in perspective and pick the ones that really make my time "better" spent. I'm not expecting large amount of traffic (and never did), really, it's just that I wanted to re-organize my time. And I wanted to warn people about it.