Compiling under windos

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

The_A_Drain

Compiling under windos

Post by The_A_Drain »

Noticing that the last post here is from almost a year ago this is a shot in the dark.

I need to do something really simple to either ZSNES or Snez9x, I just need to fire off a couple of messages to another program (the values of certain memory locations, for example the players X and Y coordinates) so that my program can then pick up on that and control a few other things (for an art project)

I'm ok with actually adding that code, I'm a relatively inexperienced programmer but am employed as a professional, I'm just completely lost when it comes to compiling either of these emulators. I don't know beans about linux, and only have VS2013 installed on my machine. I'm finding conflicting readme files and am stuck with three versions (zsnes, snes9x and snes9x-rr) that I can't get to compiled at all.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Where do I start with this?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Compiling under windos

Post by grinvader »

Advice #1: go with snes9x. Our public source tree is overstale. There's a cheese castle on top of it.

Advice #2: grab their latest source, and read the readmes. All of them. They should tell you what you need.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54