Gens for Linux

Announce new emulators, discuss which games run best under each emulator, and much much more.

Moderator: General Mods

badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Gens for Linux

Post by badinsults »

Alright, I decided it might be a good idea to have a working Genesis setup on my computer should I need to compare the SNES and Genesis versions of a game. I read that Gens does the job, and it does seem great, but I am having issues configuring my joypad (a SNES controller plugged into a Super Smartjoy). Basically, when I configure the controller, it registers two button presses at the same time, essentially making two buttons mapped to the same button. Since Gens doesn't seem to have an official website, I was wondering if anyone here might know the solution. I will try another controller that I have, but I like my SNES controller. :(

Edit: my Logitech controller works. Seems I need a different controller for ever emulator. :p
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Dullaron
Lurker

Post by Dullaron »

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gens/

Only one I know of is still up.
Window Vista Home Premium 32-bit / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz / 3.00 GB RAM / Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Alternatively, both Kega Fusion and Regen have linux ports.

And aren't dead-then-forked-to-hell since 2002.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

But you may be SOL if you're running a 64-bit system, depending on your distribution.