Netplay Mac <=> PC

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Shao

Netplay Mac <=> PC

Post by Shao »

Hello everyone.

My gf has ZSNES for Mac v1.5.1 and I have the PC version (I'll edit in my version later). We want to play the Donkey Kong Country series of games together online. I've done it in the past with another friend PC to PC, but I've never tried PC to Mac before. The last time I played online must have been about two or three years ago now that I think about it.

Anyway, I was wondering what versions of ZSNES my gf needs for Mac and I need for the PC. Secondly, we both have our respective wireless home networks. What port(s) will we need to forward in order to open our connections to host/join one another?

Thank you in advance.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

The port number is written write in the NETPLAY -> INTERNET dialogue box.

As for getting netplay working, the platform shouldn't matter as they're both the same endianness (both Intel), though I guess the Mac version needed some modifications... don't know if that would break timing at all. The recommended build as far as I know for netplay is 1.42n (not plain 1.42), since it's the latest with the ability to do so, but you might just be stuck with 1.36. The trouble is, I don't know if either of those has a Mac version. I don't know how much trouble it would be to get other versions of zsnes on to a mac. It might just require a recompile if you don't mind an X11 requirement or it might require patches to the code.