Newgrounds seems broken.

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

franpa
Gecko snack

Newgrounds seems broken.

Post by franpa »

I did email them multiple times with no response. Has been like this for about a month now.

Flash and Javascript simply do not work at all on there site, not in IE 8 or Firefox 3.6. I can't login or use there forum as both require Javascript. I get at least 7 errors on http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/list/11 with over 70 warnings in the error console for Firefox 3.6.

- Latest Sun Java, works fine on other sites.

- Javascript, doesn’t work at all for any links on any Newgrounds page that uses Javascript, works fine on other sites.

- Latest Firefox version, spews lots of errors in the Error Console whenever loading a page from Newgrounds.

- Latest flash and tried the 10.1 beta as well and still no flash media player when trying to listen to music clips in the audio portal. Flash works fine on other sites.

- Latest Shockwave which works on other sites like Miniclip.

- Cookies should be enabled, I did not disable them.

- http://www.newgrounds.com/lit/faq/ shows a picture of a old tv set with a paper note sticky taped to it saying in red letters “ Flash not detected”.

- Windows 7 x64 Home Premium, only official updates released to the public by MS are installed.

This is a fairly fresh install of Windows 7, barely 2 months old if that.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
Rashidi
Trooper

Re: Newgrounds seems broken. maybe not

Post by Rashidi »

franpa wrote:- http://www.newgrounds.com/lit/faq/ shows a picture of a old tv set with a paper note sticky taped to it saying in red letters “ Flash not detected”.
probably it just you, as on that page it shows that i'm using flash 10.0.45.2 which is correct to the fact.

i'm using ie6 on winxp, yeah i have nearly no motivation to upgrade the internet stuff. (patch: yes; upgrade? nah, perhaps in another years)
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

sites are phasing out their IE6 support(google and youtube are the first). I'd switch if I was you.
funkyass
"God"

Post by funkyass »

is it working now?
Does [Kevin] Smith masturbate with steel wool too?

- Yes, but don’t change the subject.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

Yes it is, what happened/changed?
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

franpa wrote:on there site
use there forum
raaaaaaAAAAAA
franpa wrote:Yes it is, what happened/changed?
your FACE
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54