Megaman X1 problem

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

BronzeSoldat

Megaman X1 problem

Post by BronzeSoldat »

After the intro stage in Megaman X1, the health power-ups dropped by enemies disappear as soon as they touch the ground, but not the weapon energy power-ups, enemies respawn faster, and in Chill Penguin's stage when I shoot the object shown in the picture, the game ends the level and brings me to the "Get Weapon" screen and acts as if I had beaten Chill Penquin, and then it returns me back to the intro stage either with the dash legs and Chill Penquin's weapon, or just nothing at all.

I'm using ZSNES 1.51 on Windows 7 if that helps.

Is this just some anti-piracy thing, or is it something with ZSNES?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Megaman X1 problem

Post by grinvader »

BronzeSoldat wrote:Is this just some anti-piracy thing, or is it something with ZSNES?
Both. ZSNES doesn't emulate enough to play the r1.0 of megaman X properly. Use r1.1 (that one uses a mirroring protection, which zsnes handles).
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
byuu

Post by byuu »

Oh wow, I thought they used the same protection for both revisions. Do you guys know what v1.0 is doing, exactly? Open bus checks?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

Think so. Could be mistaken.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
PHoNyMiKe
Retrosexual

Post by PHoNyMiKe »

when you first open the rom does zsnes say "bad rom" or "checksum bad"? if so the rom file is corrupt and you need to find another rom file.
[url=http://www.alexchiu.com/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=phonymike]ultimate immortality[/url]
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,zsnes,white,purple.png[/img][/url]
BronzeSoldat

Post by BronzeSoldat »

grinvader wrote: Both. ZSNES doesn't emulate enough to play the r1.0 of megaman X properly. Use r1.1 (that one uses a mirroring protection, which zsnes handles).
Thanks man. Version 1.1 works perfectly, but I could've sworn I tried it some other time and it had the same problem as version 1.0.
Hyos
Regular

Post by Hyos »

Perhaps this should be added to the FAQ forum? Happens almost as often as the Chrono Trigger three buttons on a keyboard thing.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

BronzeSoldat wrote:
grinvader wrote: Both. ZSNES doesn't emulate enough to play the r1.0 of megaman X properly. Use r1.1 (that one uses a mirroring protection, which zsnes handles).
Thanks man. Version 1.1 works perfectly, but I could've sworn I tried it some other time and it had the same problem as version 1.0.
1.1 has had bugs in the past.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
IndigoAK

Post by IndigoAK »

A slightly related question about 1.0 and 1.1 of Mega Man X: are there any Game Genie codes available for the 1.1 cart?

All of the PAR and Genie cheats I've found online have been for 1.0, but none of these work in 1.1 (I guess the addresses were changed for everything?).
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

If you can't find any that work, they're easy enough to make yourself. The cheat search in zsnes is pretty much the best that I've seen.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae