Old Gear

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

magitek369
Hazed

Old Gear

Post by magitek369 »

So I've been trying to clean out some of my old video game stuff lately, and while I've got a few things that I plan to toss up on eBay eventually, I've got just as many things that might be better off in the garbage. Before I junk anything though, I have to ask; does a market exist for old gaming cables? I've got a ton of old RF modulators and RCA connectors, and while my initial thought is that they're worthless, I figure it doesn't hurt to ask first.

Of course, if anyone is interested, the feel free to make me an offer. I'd rather someone who has a use for them get the stuff then have to junk them.

Personally I've got all of my old consoles hooked up with S-Video, except for the Genesis, because it had to be different.
paulguy
Zealot

Re: Old Gear

Post by paulguy »

Well, plain RCA cables of course can be sold, and probably especially useful if they're for specific consoles for some people, and I guess some people might want the old RF switches to hook up their consoles to old TVs that don't have RCA jacks. I'd probably just sell it all in a whole lot and someone will likely pick it up for a few bucks... lots of collectors of stuff or people who run shops for stuff like that.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
magitek369
Hazed

Re: Old Gear

Post by magitek369 »

I like the idea of a lot sale, so I think I'll go with that. Thanks.