Random trivia: Grand Theft Auto 4

Feel free to discuss anything gaming related.

Moderator: General Mods

lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Random trivia: Grand Theft Auto 4

Post by lordmissus »

When you played GTA4, you saw bus stops around the city, correct?
Did you ever see any buses anywhere in Liberty City?

Of course you didn't. Just thought I'd point this out.
The only bus I've ever seen is the prison bus that you ambush and steal, freeing arrested politicians, in one mission on the Lost and Damned expansion pack.

Also, you always see pedestrians everywhere you go in Liberty City. How many of them are children?
None! You are correct!

There are NO children in Liberty City. They must all be hermits or something.

There aren't any elderly people either, except for one old woman. There is only ONE character model for an elderly person in Liberty City. There are middle aged men, but no elderly men.

Epic fail, Rockstar Games. :roll:
Raging rampages in stolen cars, mowing down 100 people a minute in busy places with the FBI on my tail, just isn't as fun as it could be on that game.
Last edited by lordmissus on Fri May 28, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Johan_H
Starzinger Addict

Re: Random trivia: Grand Theft Auto 4

Post by Johan_H »

The reason they've never included children among the pedestrians in the GTA series probably has nothing to do with laziness, same with elderlies. You don't exactly have to be the smartest guy in town to figure that one out.

The bus thing is a little bit weak though, didn't GTA2 have buses that drove around picking people up?

Either way, hardly anything threadworthy or an "epic fail" I'd say?
Last edited by Johan_H on Sat May 29, 2010 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
lordmissus
Ignorant Child

Post by lordmissus »

Yes, it just occured to me why children/elderly aren't there. It probably wouldn't even be allowed to be sold in stores if children were in the game, now that I think about it. It would add a sense of realism though, don't you think? I mean, GTA is supposed to be the *ultimate* city/crime simulator, right?
The bus thing is a bit week though, didn't GTA2 have buses that drove around picking people up?
Yes. I own the game on PS1, and still play it every now and then.

EDIT:
Actually, now that I remember, I have seen some people online driving buses. They are parked in the second island, in the place where the "Stars in your Eyes" track is on GTA Race in the multiplayer games. I've never seen them being driven around bye NPC's though.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

lordmister wrote:It probably wouldn't even be allowed to be sold in stores if children were in the game, now that I think about it. It would add a sense of realism though, don't you think?
Yes, but at the expense of the games rating being bumped up to R18+ and being banned in countries (like Australia) that lack such a rating for games. (hopefully that changes soon!)
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64