Map Sonic Boom and Flash Kick in Key Combination Editor

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

zsnesonicboom

Map Sonic Boom and Flash Kick in Key Combination Editor

Post by zsnesonicboom »

I have a SNES USB keypad working well with Ubuntu.

I configured the Key Combination Editor of ZSNES in order to map single buttons to Street Fighter 2 rotating moves (e.g. Hadouken, Shoryuken, Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku, etc.) and everything works fine.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to map Guile-like moves, like Sonic Boom and Flash Kick. They don't work to me.

For instance, Sonic Boom should be

Code: Select all

hold back for 2 seconds then press forward and press punch
I tried to map it in combo editor his way:

PRESS ONLY LEFT
2 SECOND DELAY
PRESS ONLY RIGHT
PRESS+REL L
where L is my hard punch button. The combo itself is mapped to J07 key, which is the physical Y on my USB keypad (and of course that button wasn't previously mapped to anything else).

It doesn't work. Then I tried another combination:

PRESS ONLY LEFT
2 SECOND DELAY
PRESS ONLY RIGHT
2 FRAME DELAY
REL ONLY LEFT
2 FRAME DELAY
PRESS+REL L
This doesn't work either. I thought those left-right and down-up combos would have been simpler to configure than the rotating moves.

Thanks in advance.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Map Sonic Boom and Flash Kick in Key Combination Editor

Post by grinvader »

You're pressing ← and → at the same time on both of these. I can't really test right now, but try something like:
- press ←
- 2s delay
- release ←
- press →
- press+release punch
- release →

Important note - don't press ← or → with your usual input while the key combo is ongoing. You shouldn't be able to, but just in case.

Also, make sure to activate the '→ = last ←/→' option to make it work both ways.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54