Save Files lost?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Tankverso

Save Files lost?

Post by Tankverso »

This is probably a stupid question.

If you overwrite a zsnes save file, can the previous one be recovered in any way?

I accidentally overwrote a save file that was very important to one that is nothing, and now i'm just asking if it is humanly possible to fix.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: Save Files lost?

Post by odditude »

Tankverso wrote:This is probably a stupid question.

If you overwrite a zsnes save file, can the previous one be recovered in any way?

I accidentally overwrote a save file that was very important to one that is nothing, and now i'm just asking if it is humanly possible to fix.
if your os/file system supports it (e.g. Previous Versions on Win5+/NTFS), then yes. use the os tools to recover (under Windows, right-click file, Properties, Previous Versions tab).
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

odditude wrote:if your os/file system supports it (e.g. Previous Versions on Win5+/NTFS), then yes. use the os tools to recover (under Windows, right-click file, Properties, Previous Versions tab).
so that, was that feature use for, i never use it before.

does linux-kin has stuff like that too?
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Yeah, there are some filesystems for linux that support previous versions. Would be nice to see an option like that for the "ext" line if it doesn't already.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae