Direct 3D

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Ph4n70m
Rookie

Direct 3D

Post by Ph4n70m »

Hello! :)

As some may know, Snes9x 1.52 won the option to use Direct3D for rendering, and I would love to see this option in ZSnes too.
The Windows 7, for some strange reason, do not play well with DirectDraw, leaving the picture very pixelated, and the filters horrible.
Will there be a option to use Direct3D on the next version of our beloved ZSnes?

Hugs
franpa
Gecko snack

Re: Direct 3D

Post by franpa »

I believe Zsnes 2.0 will have OpenGL as an option due to portability concerns.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

ZBoards 101: do not listen to franpa.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Whether it be through OpenGL or direct3d, I hope there Is an option for how the screen is filtered like the Linux version of zsnes. And some kind of arbitrary resolution scalers rather than only 2x,3x,4x since they need to be in R modes to look the way they should anyway and I prefer S (let's not make this an argument over which is better!). I also thought of an idea for a filter that nearest scales up to the largest integer resolution, then blurry scales the rest of the way. I think there's a shader for that so maybe a shaders support would be good. :)
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
mudlord
has wat u liek

Post by mudlord »

I was contemplating many, many times to do this.
think there's a shader for that so maybe a shaders support would be good.
Bingo. And not something half assed like bsnes's implementation which does not support look up textures.
This person is a fucking douchebag, they should die.