Zsnes with 3 players

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

HighanDry

Zsnes with 3 players

Post by HighanDry »

I know its not possible but I have found threads saying the developers had a WIP where it supported 3 players.

That was back in 2004, and its now 2010.

Snes9x supports 3 players, and I tried it out.

It was great in seiken densetsu 3, all for about 30 seconds than we all desynched from eachother.

Snes9x is horrible I know, even in 2 player netplay it desynchs every 2-3 min.

So is there any versions that I do not know about that support 3 players?

Or an unofficial version?

1.42n perhaps? The link is broken in that thread though.
franpa
Gecko snack

Re: Zsnes with 3 players

Post by franpa »

zsnes 1.36 and 1.42n both support it... just open the program up and look at the input settings D: you can see there is suuport for up to 4 players and yes up to 4 people can play online too.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Yes, but only two systems may connect to each other. How you distribute your four players amongst those systems is up to you.
HighanDry

Post by HighanDry »

Yes, I mean netplay with 3 individual computers of course.

It is only possible on snes9x, im asking if it can be done on the zsnes.

3 seperate connections via netplay.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

kode54 wrote:only two systems may connect to each other.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
LST14

Post by LST14 »

So just to get it right: There is NO way to play a four or five player game on ZSNES over the internet with each participating player playing on his/her own individual computer?
We were planing to set up a 4 or 5 players game Bomberman via TCP over the internet with every player playing on his own machine. Is there ANY possible way to accomplish that?

Thanks in advance...
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

There is currently no way to do that, because the netplay system was never designed beyond supporting two systems connected. Synchronizing two systems is difficult enough, synchronizing up to five is sure to be quite a problem. Or maybe not. Maybe it's planned for a future release.