Final Fantasy VI (III) issue

Found a bug? Please report it, but remember to follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Missing a sane feature? Let us know!
But please do NOT request ports to other systems.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

FuryOfPolaris

Final Fantasy VI (III) issue

Post by FuryOfPolaris »

I've tried the newest version of ZSNES as well as an older one, but when trying to play Final Fantasy III, the game runs through the intro scene and then just... restarts the intro, running through it indefinitely. This happens on two different computers, even on my older one that the game once did work on. Anybody know whats causing the issue and how it can be fixed??
byuu

Re: Final Fantasy VI (III) issue

Post by byuu »

ZSNES has the capability to display text when a game is loaded; so how about in addition to just the ROM info, it tells the user to press the start button when it detects that FF3/FF6 was loaded?

It's tacky, but think about all the money you'd save on SQL DB storage costs.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

how about no
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Aerdan
Winter Knight

Post by Aerdan »

I suggest, instead, that ZSNES have something similar to this as a splash screen, because this thread and its OP are both stupid.
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

This "problem" has been mentioned before... and since I'm going to be nice about it...

When the music first starts, hit the A button (or whatever key is mapped to the A button). Yes, it will cycle the intro, but you will be playing/controlling the game once actual dialog starts.

Also, a fun neat alternative trick for the game is to hit the A button when the credits are scrolling... it produces the same effect and you can start the first (and only) brand new game with zero time passing...
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

This is why Nintendo forced companies to have a "start" screen. I don't know how Square managed to get around this.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Aerdan wrote:I suggest, instead, that ZSNES have something similar to this as a splash screen, because this thread and its OP are both stupid.
To be PERFECTLY fair, I thought my REAL cartridge was broken when I first tried it.

On the other hand, I had the patience to wait 30 seconds after I pressed start and it reset.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

i'm type who loves to watch intro-screen and press 'start' when the game screen told me so.
so yeah, FF3 (U) is one who force me to deviate from standard practice.
Agozer
16-bit Corpse | Nyoron~

Post by Agozer »

God forbid that people have to push buttons during a game's opening sequence just to see if something happens.
whicker: franpa is grammatically correct, and he still gets ripped on?
sweener2001: Grammatically correct this one time? sure. every other time? no. does that give him a right? not really.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

at least we know that we're on the zboards
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]