Netplay button is unclickable

Want to play with a friend over the net? Find out all the info you need on how to configure your PC, network and of course ZSNES. Also the correct place to find people to play with and what software they use.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Evenstevenp

Netplay button is unclickable

Post by Evenstevenp »

I've been trying to get netplay to work, but I can't. When I click netplay, the internet option comes up, but it is transparent and unclickable. I've looked through all the menus to see what i'm doing wrong, but I have no idea. Does anyone know a solution to my problem?
Fras
Hazed

Re: Netplay button is unclickable

Post by Fras »

I'm guessing you're using the newest zsnes version. That one doesn't include netplay.
I'm pretty sure you want the ZSNES Enhanced Netplay Edition.
Evenstevenp

Post by Evenstevenp »

So if I download and use THIS version, will my saves still work for all my games? Or is it saved by the emulator?
Evenstevenp

Post by Evenstevenp »

Ok, sorry for the doublepost, but right off the bat I notice that some sound effects and even music are completely missing in this ZSNES version. For reference, the games I am playing are Megaman X and Star Fox. Is this just me doing something wrong or...?

EDIT: Seiken Densetsu 3's music is butchered as well. But Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo seems to work fine.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Press 6. Otherwise, it could just not be emulated quite right, but I don't remember it being THAT bad.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Evenstevenp

Post by Evenstevenp »

Alright, that worked. Thanks so much guys. :D