Shader GUI/IDEs

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

mudlord
has wat u liek

Shader GUI/IDEs

Post by mudlord »

Since I am no longer in contact with Ver or DOLLS, I want to ask here for other people's suggestions (or them ideally).

I can't seem to find any decent shader GUI for authoring HLSL shaders. RenderMonkey and FX Composer seems bloated, and the others open source ones of course relate to GLSL only. Basically, a simple GUI that allows the authoring of shaders on textures only, and also allows custom LUTs/coefficient textures will be nice.

I know I could code my own and use evallib (or some other dynamic recompiling x86 code library) also to allow dynamically compiled CPU filter code on the fly for filter implementation as well as shaders, but I am wondering is there any decent shader GUI I missed before having to go down that road myself (apart from acquiring Matlab, which handles the CPU filter aspect perfectly). Having not to develop my own tools saves me reinventing the wheel to continue my hobby of graphics processing.

Thanks for your help.
This person is a fucking douchebag, they should die.
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Re: Shader GUI/IDEs

Post by grinvader »

For your information, xaimus has an account here too. :)
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54