Is there an ETA for native a x86_64 version?

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

indubitableness

Is there an ETA for native a x86_64 version?

Post by indubitableness »

I currently use multilib and can run zsnes just fine. I've used that other snes emulator for its native 64 bit and wasn't particularly fond of it. zsnes seems to run more games and is more configurable.

I am, however, curious if there's been progress porting to x86_64. I'm aware the developers are busy, and I can certainly be patient for another version as the latest release feels "compleat..."
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Re: Is there an ETA for native a x86_64 version?

Post by badinsults »

The language that ZSNES is programmed in (x86 assembly) basically makes it impossible for a native 64 bit version.

Until all of ZSNES' code is ported to C, a 64 bit version is not going to happen.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
dfreer
Lurker

Post by dfreer »

indubitableness wrote:I've used that other snes emulator for its native 64 bit
What about that other OTHER emulator that can compile as a 64-bit binary and runs more games than zsnes? (hint: it's not snes9x)
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

indubitableness wrote:I am, however, curious if there's been progress porting to x86_64.
We are not porting to x86_64. The current direction is to make it more portable, not to lock it in another assembly language.
I'm aware the developers are busy, and I can certainly be patient for another version as the latest release feels "compleat..."
We appreciate your patience.
But still no ETA. Even if we give an ETA, it's fake and will only blow up in your face.

The only zsnes ETA you can believe is called a download link.
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54