My menu works but i cant open any of my games

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

McSwade

My menu works but i cant open any of my games

Post by McSwade »

I open zsnes just like i always do and it wont let me select any of my games. I can move the cursor over the games but when i click nothing happens.
paulguy
Zealot

Re: My menu works but i cant open any of my games

Post by paulguy »

Did you click "open"?
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

or double-click the name, or press enter...

or made sure these are snes games in a compatible format...
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
McSwade

Post by McSwade »

yeah thanks guys. i tried clicking, pressing enter, double clicking really hard, swearing, and nothing happens. I'm 20 hours into FF3 and right at the end of chrono trigger. I was hoping to be able to get it working again without erasing my files, you dig?
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Had you been using cheats?
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
dfreer
Lurker

Post by dfreer »

McSwade wrote:yeah thanks guys. i tried clicking, pressing enter, double clicking really hard, swearing, and nothing happens. I'm 20 hours into FF3 and right at the end of chrono trigger. I was hoping to be able to get it working again without erasing my files, you dig?
Sounds like he has loaded the game but in the load saved game screen he can't get the game to load? Check your key assignments again. In any case a more detailed explanation of what you are trying to do would be helpful.
McSwade

Post by McSwade »

OK last try here. I open zsnes. It opens normally - blue screen with snow and top menu options. I can go through the menu options ie its not frozen. I click on the arrow to show my game list. Still working normally. But when I click on any of my games nothing happens. As I said before, its not frozen, I can move the cursor down to say chrono trigger with the mouse or with the arrow keys, but no amount of clicking or pressing enter will open the game.
McSwade

Post by McSwade »

oh yeah, and i havent used any cheats
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

I sincerely hope you are not loading files with the SRM extension directly, because that won't work.

Try deleting your configs in the ZSNES folder and start again. Make sure you define a save directory as well and move all saves (SRM) and savestate files (ZST/ZS#/Z## files).
Continuing [url=http://slickproductions.org/forum/index.php?board=13.0]FF4[/url] Research...
dfreer
Lurker

Post by dfreer »

McSwade wrote:OK last try here. I open zsnes. It opens normally - blue screen with snow and top menu options. I can go through the menu options ie its not frozen. I click on the arrow to show my game list. Still working normally. But when I click on any of my games nothing happens. As I said before, its not frozen, I can move the cursor down to say chrono trigger with the mouse or with the arrow keys, but no amount of clicking or pressing enter will open the game.
Screenshot of this might help.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

He's loading games using the load history menu. Tehy probably moved or something. Go to GAME then LOAD. Navigate to where your games are and load them there.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Deathlike2
ZSNES Developer
ZSNES Developer

Post by Deathlike2 »

Ah... you might be correct. When the files move, the load menu doesn't automagically update (and it's not supposed to either) so clicking on the entries will produce nothing.