ZsneSK Unoffical release of zsnes which uses "Kaillera"

Strictly for discussing ZSNES development and for submitting code. You can also join us on IRC at irc.libera.chat in #zsnes.
Please, no requests here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

ZnKaiRel
Rookie

ZsneSK Unoffical release of zsnes which uses "Kaillera"

Post by ZnKaiRel »

It uses the Kaillera client, I was able to keep two clients in perfect sync with each other, although I believe it will work the same with 3 or 4 even 5 players, it was only tested using 2.

The following link is the source code!
http://www.mediafire.com/?2n7irbk81rc7p14

The follwong link is the binary of ZsneSK
http://www.mediafire.com/?wzi6cyqpwjkewxt
CCd
Rookie

Re: ZsneSK Unoffical release of zsnes which uses "Kaillera"

Post by CCd »

did you make an official homepage of your own project? I've read mudlord could help you.
johnny_chronic

Post by johnny_chronic »

Hmm... fascinating idea. I will be interested to try this! I searched google for ZsneSK but didn't find anything... only this thread. How's the project going? Keep at it! Like many others, I am interested in a large online snes netplay community.
franpa
Gecko snack

Post by franpa »

johnny_chronic wrote:Hmm... fascinating idea. I will be interested to try this! I searched google for ZsneSK but didn't find anything... only this thread. How's the project going? Keep at it! Like many others, I am interested in a large online snes netplay community.
I'm interested, the alternative method may fix the insane lag I get when playing with my friend who lives in the same country >.>
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte Geforce 760 4GB | Windows 10 Pro x64
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

johnny_chronic wrote:Hmm... fascinating idea. I will be interested to try this! I searched google for ZsneSK but didn't find anything... only this thread. How's the project going? Keep at it! Like many others, I am interested in a large online snes netplay community.
The Kaillera version of zsnes technically violates the law, so it is likely best if development ceased.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
johnny_chronic

Post by johnny_chronic »

How would an add on program that utilizes technology that is now antique be illegal? How is this program breaking any laws? Aren't atari games even free these days since those companies have sold out or gone out of bis?
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

how about you learn about licences before you try at being righteous
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

johnny_chronic wrote:Aren't atari games even free these days since those companies have sold out or gone out of bis?
That's very extremely untrue. Abandonware is an ethical stance, not a legal classification.

The rights to those out-of-print games either reside with the original company, or with whoever bought the shattered carcass of that company when they went under.
Even in cases where NO ONE KNOWS where the rights went, like Stern's Berzerk, the rights still exist, and are still held by SOMEONE.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
Nightcrawler
Romhacking God

Post by Nightcrawler »

That's very extremely untrue. Abandonware is an ethical stance, not a legal classification.

The rights to those out-of-print games either reside with the original company, or with whoever bought the shattered carcass of that company when they went under.
Even in cases where NO ONE KNOWS where the rights went, like Stern's Berzerk, the rights still exist, and are still held by SOMEONE.
Right. That's where there is a problem. I think that information should be publicly accessible somewhere. Why is so hard to find out who currently owns the rights to older software (or anything else for that matter)?
[url=http://transcorp.romhacking.net]TransCorp[/url] - Home of the Dual Orb 2, Cho Mahou Tairyku Wozz, and Emerald Dragon SFC/SNES translations.
[url=http://www.romhacking.net]ROMhacking.net[/url] - The central hub of the ROM hacking community.
Thristian
Hazed

Post by Thristian »

It's hard because nobody knows.

It's easy to keep track of a company's material posessions like trucks or machines or factory buildings, because you can count them and other people are interested in buying them, and you write up receipts saying "thing X with serial number Y sold to person Z". It's more difficult to keep track of a company's intellectual property because it's not a countable thing - you don't find receipts, you find contracts hastily drawn up with ambiguous language, describing sales to companies that no longer exist, with few-to-no documented representatives you could track down and ask, or who don't recall the details, who then went bust and re-sold what rights they thought they had to some third party, which might or might not match up with the rights they actually bought in the first place - perhaps more, perhaps fewer.

It's really a mess.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Gets even messier sometimes. I know of a movie where no fewer than three companies THINK they have the rights to publish it, but no one WILL because everyone's waiting for someone else to make the first move.

Berzerk is actually a fairly notable title, and should get a reissue of some sort for historical purposes if nothing else.
It's a damn shame that no one knows where the rights went.

As-is, everyone knows Robotron, but no one knows Berzerk.
And Robotron began life as a Berzerk knockoff, despite evolving into something fundamentally different(while still being a single-screen shooter with 8-way firing). If you know Robotron but not Berzerk, then you don't understand Robotron's place in history and what it brought to the medium.

It's like knowing Mario Brothers but not Joust. Miyamoto, at one point, readily admitted that Mario Brothers was largely inspired by the cooperative antagonism of Joust. From a historical perspective, you can't appreciate Mario Brothers without also knowing Joust.

It's also kind of like knowing Super Mario Brothers but not Mario Brothers and Donkey Kong...
Except that Nintendo seems to have actively TRIED to erase those details from their history despite knowing full-well where the rights lay. Low-key releases of half-assed NES ports is a disgrace for the genesis of their corporate mascot and one of the most-recognized fictional characters in the world.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
KHDownloads
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Post by badinsults »

It's like reading a novel and not knowing about Don Quixote.

Not everyone is a historian.

That said, I played Berserk on my Vic 20 long before ever trying Robotron.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

badinsults wrote:It's like reading a novel and not knowing about Don Quixote.

Not everyone is a historian.
I'm not saying everyone NEEDS to know the history and origins. But for the people that ARE interested and either haven't yet dug deep enough to discover emulation or want to do this thing legally, it'd be very nice to have it available.
That said, I played Berserk on my Vic 20 long before ever trying Robotron.
Same here, just replace Vic20 with Vectrex.
In hindsight, it's not the same without speech. But if you don't know there's supposed to be speech there...
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
KHDownloads
I.S.T.
Zealot

Post by I.S.T. »

What movie?