32" 720p LCD (Samsung) issues with zsnes and resolution.

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

JayRo

32" 720p LCD (Samsung) issues with zsnes and resolution.

Post by JayRo »

I've recently been playing around with emulators on my HDTV (hooked via VGA), and they've all been working fine, but ZSNES gives me a bit of trouble. My TV seems to be pretty picky when it comes to resolutions. Before I plug it in to my computer I have to go into my ATi configurations and force the resolution to 1360x768.

I can open up ZSNES perfectly, and run it with no problems, but the moment I close it or if make it windowed my TV monitor can't run the resolution. I've figured out that whenever I close or minimize zsnes, it seems to change my resolution to 1280x768 which my TV cannot display. Does anybody know why the program might be doing this? I've also experimented using my actual PC VGA display with the 1360x768 resolution. Closing ZSNES also caused it to change resolutions in this instance. I've tried multiple versions of the program and also attempted using a custom resolution, which apparently my graphics card can't manage.

Has anyone had any similar problems, or know of a solution? Thanks :)
paulguy
Zealot

Re: 32" 720p LCD (Samsung) issues with zsnes and resolution.

Post by paulguy »

Sounds like maybe some weird application profile thing? Not sure if catalyst control center can do that. I also haven't used Windows in a while, though. The monitor may be responding with incorrect EDID information and Windows or the video driver may be acting stupid about it as a result. Might want to look around online to see if there's any information on overriding EDID information. I think there's a registry entry somewhere.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
dfreer
Lurker

Post by dfreer »

EDIT: Nevermind, failure to read on my part.
Gooseloosener

Post by Gooseloosener »

I am having the same issue with the SDL version. I was thinking of running zsnes in a script to change the resolution after exit, but I don't understan why it is happening inthe first place.