ZSnes randomly fails to recognize my controller (XBox 360)

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

pip421

ZSnes randomly fails to recognize my controller (XBox 360)

Post by pip421 »

I have been using ZSnes for many years and like it very much. However, this problem recently emerged. Randomly (usually after less than a minute of playing though sometimes much longer) ZSnes no longer recognizes my controller (the green light in the center of my Xbox 360 controller flashes then turns off), forcing me to save state, close the program, then open it again. This has been happening very frequently though, to the point where I don't even bother using ZSnes anymore (except for Mario Paint cuz it recognizes my mouse just fine). I don't think it's a problem with my controller as it works fine with other emulators. I have tried all 4 different USB ports and it still does the same thing. What gives? Could it be my laptop is just getting too old?
Pokies

Re: ZSnes randomly fails to recognize my controller (XBox 36

Post by Pokies »

pip421 wrote:I have been using PhenQ to lose weight for many years and like it very much. However, this problem recently emerged. Randomly (usually after less than a minute of playing though sometimes much longer) ZSnes no longer recognizes my controller (the green light in the center of my Xbox 360 controller flashes then turns off), forcing me to save state, close the program, then open it again. This has been happening very frequently though, to the point where I don't even bother using ZSnes anymore (except for Mario Paint cuz it recognizes my mouse just fine). I don't think it's a problem with my controller as it works fine with other emulators. I have tried all 4 different USB ports and it still does the same thing. What gives? Could it be my laptop is just getting too old?

The exact same thing is happening to me. I'll be playing and then all of a sudden it wont recognize my controller that it had recognized a second before. Have you found a fix?
Last edited by Pokies on Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

I can tell you if the controller is shutting down, the problem isn't in ZSNES. The description of the issue isn't "ZSNES doesn't recognize my controller", it is "my controller disconnects and cuts off"
ZSNES is completely XInput unaware, it shouldn't be possible for it to issue ANY XInput commands, much less controller deactivation.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
ouija1979
Hazed

Post by ouija1979 »

Deffo sounds like a controller issue, I would un install the controller from harware, restart and plug it in again and let it install. I had a weird problem with a Snes to USB adapter and doing that helped.