D3D/OpenGL shader thread. Reborn.

Place to talk about all that new hardware and decaying software you have.

Moderator: General Mods

Themaister
Rookie

Re: D3D/OpenGL shader thread. Reborn.

Post by Themaister »

Human readable ID is easy to add at least :P A dialog I'm not sure of ... You mean like a GUI API or something?

I can think of one thing at least. I can see the need of making the DSP stuff configurable in runtime, but I want SSNES itself to stay GUI-free.
So, it is possible to add a configurable button, that (pauses the game), calls a callback in the DSP plugin,
that basically lets a DSP GUI (provided by yourself or some other library) take over and show its config window, let the user do his thing, and then return,
where emulation will continue, sounds decent?

EDIT:

Allright, implemented some new stuff. Added a void (*config)(void *data); callback that gives the plugin signal of popping up a config window or something.
Also added const char *ident like the rest of the plugin APIs. I also bumped the API version to 2, but I found some crashes with other plugins, so I had to rename the constant to
SSNES_DSP_API_VERSION. Also added a keybind input_dsp_config.

http://www.multiupload.com/FU6YGXPDSF - ssnes.exe, ssnes-phoenix.exe and ssnes_dsp.h.
mudlord88
Lurker

Post by mudlord88 »

Done:
http://mudlord.emuxhaven.net/emulators/ ... effect.rar

License is the same as foo_dsp_effect.
You might need to rewrite the config if you want to port to MacOSX/Linux.
Themaister
Rookie

Post by Themaister »

Great stuff ... Started porting to Linux at least. Builds on G++ now :)
https://github.com/Themaister/SNES-DSP-plugins

A GUI metaplugin that can chain these would be awesome-sauce indeed :p
kick
Trooper

Post by kick »

mudlord88 wrote:I currently don't have a PC thats old enough for good speed testing. I am stuck with...a hex core, 8GB RAM, and a gtx460 I'm afraid....
That's easy to 'fix': disable five cores in the BIOS, enable Cool'n'Quiet and force the cores to run at 800 MHz in the Windows 7 Power Options.

Enjoy your old 800MHz single core junker :)
[i]Have a nice kick in da nutz[/i] @~@* c//
mudlord88
Lurker

Post by mudlord88 »

I suppose running in some shite VM could work too.
mudlord88
Lurker

Post by mudlord88 »

A GUI metaplugin that can chain these would be awesome-sauce indeed :p
Oh yeah:
reverb + echo + EQ

Oh, same for shaders too, would be nice if SSNES allowed for shader stacking like your PS3 emu ports do :3.
Themaister
Rookie

Post by Themaister »

... But it does :P XML shaders. Even picking two .cg different shaders works (2-pass) (somewhat similar to ps3) :D
Themaister
Rookie

Post by Themaister »

Started writing a metaplugin for DSPs. I can now listen to ... reverb + echo, fuck yeah :D
CaptainLorax

Post by CaptainLorax »

Anyone know of any shaders that distort/warp the screen so that you can play all games in "touch fuzzy, get dizzy" mode?

With the advent of direct3d shaders in videogames, trippy effects are an absolute must!

Ive seen a curved screen shader on youtube
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Well, there is the "acid" vertex shader for Minecraft. It doesn't warp the screen, though. Just warps the geometry. It'd need to be reprogrammed, though, since it uses some miencraft-specific uniforms.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
mudlord88
Lurker

Post by mudlord88 »

CaptainLorax wrote:Anyone know of any shaders that distort/warp the screen so that you can play all games in "touch fuzzy, get dizzy" mode?

With the advent of direct3d shaders in videogames, trippy effects are an absolute must!

Ive seen a curved screen shader on youtube
I wrote a shader that did just that a few months/years ago.
Its now gone thanks to the passage of time, but usage of timing uniforms plus excessive usage of sine would suffice.