Save State Help on Mario RPG

General area for talk about ZSNES. The best place to ask for related questions as well as troubleshooting.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

Killah Bee

Save State Help on Mario RPG

Post by Killah Bee »

Hi, y'all. This is mah first post here, heh-heh. I love love love Mario RPG, and I've been working on it on-and-off for a few years, until the other day, I randomly decided to Load a Saved State. Not fully knowing how it worked, I saw Mario in a forest level I had done already and thought it was a different file. But when I reset and went back to the main file menu, I realized that I had loaded the last time I saved a state like two years ago! And it's that way every time I go! Is there any way to get my progress back??
badinsults
"Your thread will be crushed."

Re: Save State Help on Mario RPG

Post by badinsults »

SA-1 games such as Super Mario RPG do not work properly in the latest version of zsnes.

If you must use a savestate, go to an older version of zsnes. Otherwise, I recommend using the regular in-game saves, which can be used by other emulators which provide better SA-1 emulation.

But more to the point of your problem, what happened is that you loaded up a savestate that overwrote your in-game save. Basically, you are boned.
<pagefault> i'd break up with my wife if she said FF8 was awesome
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

Don't hotlink an image from a site with a bad certificate.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Or post in colored text. Sweet merciful Granas, that's annoying.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads