How to bypass first run "spacebar" screen

The official forum for ZSNES documentation. Discuss future changes, mistakes, etc...
You can also join us on IRC at irc.freenode.net in #zsnes-docs.

Moderators: ZSNES Mods, ZSNES Doc Team

Virii

How to bypass first run "spacebar" screen

Post by Virii »

Hello.

Could anyone assist me in disabling the "spacebar" warning screen a person gets when they first load Zsnes?

I'm working from a device that uses controller (with emulated mouse) input, and there's no spacebar/keyboard present. I imagine it'd be a setting in the INI, but I'm unsure as to which one it is.
paulguy
Zealot

Re: How to bypass first run "spacebar" screen

Post by paulguy »

Run it from another computer and copy the config files from that one to the one wiithout space bar.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Rashidi
Trooper

Post by Rashidi »

Virii wrote:Hello.

Could anyone assist me in disabling the "spacebar" warning screen a person gets when they first load Zsnes?

I'm working from a device that uses controller (with emulated mouse) input, and there's no spacebar/keyboard present. I imagine it'd be a setting in the INI, but I'm unsure as to which one it is.
its not .INI but a .CFG (zsnesw.cfg , if you're using windows port for your box)

Code: Select all

; Display First-Time Use Reminder (0 = YES, 1 = No)
FirstTimeData=1
Virii

Post by Virii »

No. It's a portable device, and that means Linux.

It's actually version 1.42 of Zsnes, so I can't run that version of my up to date Linux. (Dependencies...)

Thanks for the *.cfg info, I'll test it out as soon as I can.
paulguy
Zealot

Post by paulguy »

On a portable x86 device with a linux old enough to not run latest zsnes, probably without any kind of opengl support, I wouldn't expect it to work well. :p Good luck.
Maybe these people were born without that part of their brain that lets you try different things to see if they work better. --Retsupurae
Virii

Post by Virii »

On a portable x86 device with a linux old enough to not run latest zsnes, probably without any kind of opengl support, I wouldn't expect it to work well. :p Good luck.
I was actually able to run the latest Win32 version at a decent speed through an old version of Wine, but it doesn't respond to ANY of the controls other than the mouse. Not a real surprise...

You're correct, It doesn't have OpenGL.

Nope. Option didn't work. Does anyone else have any ideas?
; Display First-Time Use Reminder (0 = YES, 1 = No)
FirstTimeData=1
Do I need the full paste here including the line after the ';' character? Just using the following line didn't work.
odditude
Official tech support dood

Post by odditude »

don't add the lines; change the existing line in the config file.
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.