can't equip in chrono trigger

Gamepad acting up? Keyboard not responding properly? Can't get that other user to work? Read and post about it here.

Moderator: ZSNES Mods

wiiportal

can't equip in chrono trigger

Post by wiiportal »

My Brother is playing chrono trigger and he wants to equip things. problem is, HE CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT AND HE'S TAKING HIS ANGER OUT ON ME!
me pissed:evil:
odditude
Official tech support dood

Re: can't equip in chrono trigger

Post by odditude »

gamefaqs is your friend.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/563538-chr ... /faqs/8268
section II.B. "Game Menus"
Why yes, my shift key *IS* broken.
blackmyst
Zealot

Post by blackmyst »

How old is your brother, 6 or something? Because I'm pretty sure I had no trouble finding an equip menu when I was 12, and I was no child genius.
[size=75][b]Procrastination.[/b]
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.[/size]
wiiportal

Post by wiiportal »

good for you. problem is, you're not helping.
Gonzo
Regular

Post by Gonzo »

You've been helped. Go to Odditude's link and read up on it there.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

blackmyst wrote:How old is your brother, 6 or something? Because I'm pretty sure I had no trouble finding an equip menu when I was 12, and I was no child genius.
But are you IMTHEBESTATGAMES? Because that's how you find out you're awesome, by being too stupid to use an equip menu.

Very surprised if anyone remembers this.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
wiiportal

Post by wiiportal »

look, people, I don't want some fancy talk about how me or my brother is stupid, or telling me where to go to find out. I just want your reply to be the button to equip.

geez.
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

and again, you've been helped. any further posts from you are simply a further demonstration of ineptitude on both your parts.
odditude wrote: gamefaqs is your friend.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/563538-chr ... /faqs/8268
section II.B. "Game Menus"
i mean, let's assume that you've been able to battle, have conversations, and otherwise interact with the world up to this terribly awful part of the game where you can't equip things. i'm pretty sure that one button in particular has come up quite a bit more than the others.

next!
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]
grinvader
ZSNES Shake Shake Prinny

Post by grinvader »

"When you ask for someone to spoonfeed you, don't whine when the spoon's full of vomit."
皆黙って俺について来い!!

Code: Select all

<jmr> bsnes has the most accurate wiki page but it takes forever to load (or something)
Pantheon: Gideon Zhi | CaitSith2 | Nach | kode54
kode54
Zealot

Post by kode54 »

Since reading a linked article is obviously too much to capture your attention span, I'll summarize.

1) From the main map or area map screens, press the X button to open the main menu.
2) Since the left most page/icon of the menu, the face icon, is already selected, you may now press the A button to select it, which takes you to the character management screen.
3) Press up or down on the direction pad to select a character, then press A or right on the direction pad to move to the equipment menu.
4) Press up or down to select which piece of equipment to change. The list of available equipment on the left side of the screen will change as you do so.
5) Press A to activate the equipment selection list.
6) Press up or down to select a piece of equipment. Make note of how the character's statistics change with each item.
7) Press A again to equip it.

*) At any time, you may press the B button to back out of a given menu to the next higher level menu.

I don't feel like explaining much more than that, so if you need more, feel free to take your Ritalin and explore the site linked above. Your web browser's text search feature (usually ctrl-f) should find the section heading easily, and it covers the entire menu system in depth.
Gil_Hamilton
Buzzkill Gil

Post by Gil_Hamilton »

Furthermore, equipment with bigger numbers are more effective at their assigned task than equipment with smaller numbers.
Squall_Leonhart wrote:
You have your 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s, 32s, 64s, and 128s(crash course in binary counting!). But no 1s.
DirectInput represents all bits, not just powers of 2 in an axis.
KHDownloads
sweener2001
Inmate

Post by sweener2001 »

Chrono Trigger is considered a role-playing game.
[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sweener2001/StewieSIGPIC.png[/img]